Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camera Strap Optech or Crumpler?

Default Re: Camera Strap Optech or Crumpler?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    care to share how you got your name on it? and where you have it made? thanks
    My gf bought it for me as Xmas present and she took the effort to sew my name onto the side.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    My gf bought it for me as Xmas present and she took the effort to sew my name onto the side.
    Wow, now that's a nice touch!
    Nikon D60 | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 18-55mm | Nikon 55-200mm VR | Nikon SB-400

I'm using the Crumpler Industry Disgrace
    D700+MB-D10|AFS16-35f4|AFS24-70f2.8|AFD50f1.4|AFS70-200f2.8VR|TC17IIE|SB800|SB600

Quote Originally Posted by jtchoy View Post
    Wow, now that's a nice touch!
    Yeah so it becomes more special to me, so must take gd care of it, even more than my own DSLR.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Haven't used the OPtech but online reviews seem favourable.

I personally use the brown crumpler/ orange icon strap.

Looks-wise: very happy with it. (the flourescent icon really stands out.) If you manage to get the ltd ed camo one, lagi outstanding...

Functionality: no real complaints, a little chunky when trying to shove everything into my kata3n1-20 (maybe my bag too small... )

Strap is long so I sling it low across my body so I can do "almost' like a "R-strap" draw, comfy over long periods, kinda balances with my kata sling on the other shoulder when I do that. Never hung it over my neck cos makes me sweat... When slung on one shoulder at the side (like a ladies handbag), rubberised texture of the wording underneath the strap does keep it from sliding clean off your shoulder but then again I'm always semi- 'jaga-ing' it when i sling it like that so be warned .

If anything else, the crumpler is definitely more comfortable than the standard canon strap they throw in with the camera.

My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by danielteng View Post
    If anything else, the crumpler is definitely more comfortable than the standard canon strap they throw in with the camera.

My 2 cents.
    U pay for what u get. If the stock straps that comes with cameras are as comfortable or better than Crumpler/Optech, then these will have to close shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    U pay for what u get. If the stock straps that comes with cameras are as comfortable or better than Crumpler/Optech, then these will have to close shop.
    Correct! I'm using the Optech.

Quote Originally Posted by hongjone View Post
    Correct! I'm using the Optech.
    In fact, both brands are gd.

Using Kata strap... removable neck strap, and the camera can clip onto my Kata backpack shoulder straps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123