Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera Strap Optech or Crumpler?

Default Camera Strap Optech or Crumpler?

Which one will you recommend? or any other brands?

Default Re: Camera Strap Optech or Crumpler?

OP/Tech strap is really comfortable... You can take a look at martin too...

Take a look at this thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366398
    Last edited by jtchoy; 4th January 2009 at 10:12 PM.
    Nikon D60 | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 18-55mm | Nikon 55-200mm VR | Nikon SB-400

any model to reco ?

I own both...
    Yet I still prefer Optech very good and really help to reduce the weight...

I used both before. Switch from OpTech to Crumpler Industry Disgrace. the crumpler looks cooler imho. But it's a bit troublesome because it doesn't come with the quick release snap-on buckle. So have to re-loop and un-loop everytime I use or keep in my dry cabinet. Crumpler is just as comfortable and slightly broader, better looking and better ergo.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

I'm using the Crumpler Industry Disgrace, very gd!!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

I use both and I recommend the Op/Tech for 2 personal reasons:

1. Detachable - so i can air dry the strap without putting it in the dry cabi.
    2. I can put my wrist through the strap center for security when i don't loop it round my neck.

That said, the Crumpler is way cool and cheaper

I had only used two 3rd Party Cameras in more then 10 yrs....and they are both OP/Tech straps. One got stolen with a camera and then other one I still am using it on my D70.

Go for R-strap..really good.

Where can I get OP/Tech straps? Which shop is better to go for? i.e. pricing and variety

Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Where can I get OP/Tech straps? Which shop is better to go for? i.e. pricing and variety
    Cathay has quite a large selection.

Just don't take their price tags for real, ask the staff for the real price, it's usually around half the price of the price tag. Most are $25-$35 range.
    Nikon D60 | Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 18-55mm | Nikon 55-200mm VR | Nikon SB-400

i recommend Optech too.. forgot wat model... but real spongy n comfortable..
    Pentax K100D Super

Optech Pro-Loop Strap
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioh View Post
    I used both before. Switch from OpTech to Crumpler Industry Disgrace. the crumpler looks cooler imho. But it's a bit troublesome because it doesn't come with the quick release snap-on buckle. So have to re-loop and un-loop everytime I use or keep in my dry cabinet. Crumpler is just as comfortable and slightly broader, better looking and better ergo.
    I have both.share the same sentiments as you.

I saw the crumpler strap in Canon Showroom at VivoCity beside Challenger Store there with the canon word ..

Looks so cool..
    Regards

i love my crumpler - way cool

Quote Originally Posted by metals99 View Post
    I saw the crumpler strap in Canon Showroom at VivoCity beside Challenger Store there with the canon word ..

Looks so cool..
    Mine has my name on it
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicblue View Post
    I use both and I recommend the Op/Tech for 2 personal reasons:

1. Detachable - so i can air dry the strap without putting it in the dry cabi.
    2. I can put my wrist through the strap center for security when i don't loop it round my neck.

That said, the Crumpler is way cool and cheaper
    posted it somewhere before but no one ans my question. wondering if it's better to remove the strap instead of putting it in dry cabinet due to the dust and sweat accumulated on the strap

Quote Originally Posted by dafansu View Post
    posted it somewhere before but no one ans my question. wondering if it's better to remove the strap instead of putting it in dry cabinet due to the dust and sweat accumulated on the strap
    Yes, its better not to store your strap in the dry cabinet, especially a sweaty one as it will cause the humidity in the dry cabinet to rise a bit and make it work harder...

Quote Originally Posted by dafansu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jtchoy View Post
    Yes, its better not to store your strap in the dry cabinet, especially a sweaty one as it will cause the humidity in the dry cabinet to rise a bit and make it work harder...
    I think it's fine to store the strap inside the cabinet. If one isn't using the optech one, then wouldn't it be very tedious to re-strap before every use?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast