Thread: Overseas Car Rental Insurance

Default Overseas Car Rental Insurance

Does anyone know of anyway that travel insurance, credit card, or other autocar insurance will cover for any damage or loss of rental car overseas? I am trying to do this locally so that I can avoid having to pay the Collision Damage Waiver which costs $20 USD a day. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Default Re: Overseas Car Rental Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Does anyone know of anyway that travel insurance, credit card, or other autocar insurance will cover for any damage or loss of rental car overseas? I am trying to do this locally so that I can avoid having to pay the Collision Damage Waiver which costs $20 USD a day. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
    In the US you don't have to take ALL the insurance ($%^$ rip off).
    I did the minimum in the US
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

OK i am the kiasu one. I top it all up... I dont want to get the third party issue. As far as I checked, travel insurance do not cover the car insurance, but if you hear of otherwise, let me know

Dollar Express is so far what I have been using as it is not as corporate-ish as Hertz and Express queue is usually express. Free upgrades if you request for it on the spot usually. Please go with a biggie smile and tired face from the jetlag when u request for it. =X

Some travel insurances cover for rental car excess, but usually max of $500 - $1000. If you dont take the car rental company extra insurance, then you'd be liable for the entire excess, some of which you can claim back thru your travel insurance if you happen to meet with an accident or get conned by the rental car company.

You may wanna check with your CC company. Some CC covers damage waiver if you use it to rent the car.