View Poll Results: Do you have a landlilne at home

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I have a landline at home

    56 84.85%
  • No, I don't have a landline at home

    10 15.15%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: Do you still have a landline at your house?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    yes still have, for my ADSL lah, its tied to MIO package, outgoing calls according to singtel guy 'free', which i told him... we already paying for the monthly MIO subscription where got free
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

  2. #22

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    If yes, why you keep the landline?
    Digital Voice counted?

  3. #23
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    landline from singtel mio plan is free outgoing

  4. #24
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    for the subscription ofcourse have to pay, but just 1 flat amount.
    so, no matter how long I call out, still pay the same amount

  5. #25

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Since my mother loves to "boh tin wah zhok" (means "boil telephone porridge" in Cantonese), a landline connection is still the cheapest. She can 'boil' the telephone for hours.
    Last edited by photobum; 8th January 2009 at 07:44 AM.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Since my mother loves to "boh tin wah zhok" (means "boil telephone porridge" in Cantonese), a landline connection is still the cheapest. She can 'boil' the telephone for hours.
    from the above, the MIO / starhub digital line offers unlimited free talk time that comes with the BB.... 'cheaper' than a traditional voice phone line liao

  7. #27
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Since my mother loves to "boh tin wah zhok" (means "boil telephone porridge" in Cantonese), a landline connection is still the cheapest. She can 'boil' the telephone for hours.
    same here man heheh.. but then again when you have the older folks at home best to have a landline for them to keep in touch, no need to worry about signal bad or phone not charge in case of emergency and such.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    same here man heheh.. but then again when you have the older folks at home best to have a landline for them to keep in touch, no need to worry about signal bad or phone not charge in case of emergency and such.
    it took my folks months if not years to learn to use the mobile phone I gave them... its frustrating that when you wanna reach them and they simply dunno how to pickup the call. landline is much better in this case.

  9. #29
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    it took my folks months if not years to learn to use the mobile phone I gave them... its frustrating that when you wanna reach them and they simply dunno how to pickup the call. landline is much better in this case.
    and not forgetting...IDIOT PROOF and CHEAP TOO!!!!

    We get so use to all that tech we seem to have forgotten there are alot of "old school" stuff out there that still works as it was meant to, green and safe as their modern counter part! heh..

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    and not forgetting...IDIOT PROOF and CHEAP TOO!!!!

    We get so use to all that tech we seem to have forgotten there are alot of "old school" stuff out there that still works as it was meant to, green and safe as their modern counter part! heh..
    There is fine prints --- landline does not make it idiot proof. Its the old style phone that's idiot proof. Just pick up and "wei wei wei" can liao. Cordless phones still need to press a button to answer which is similar to mobile phone.

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    We get so use to all that tech we seem to have forgotten there are alot of "old school" stuff out there that still works as it was meant to, green and safe as their modern counter part! heh..
    you mean two tin cans joined by a piece of string?

  12. #32
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    you mean two tin cans joined by a piece of string?
    Tribal drums actually hehehehe....

  13. #33

    Default Re: Do you still have a landline at your house?




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •