Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 140

Thread: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

  1. #41

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Finally we got a lady Pentaxian joining in this time
    Make that 2.. fliplock is another

    And guys, do note she and I are deaf.. and we communicate best with you all via writing. Not ideal, I know, but can't be helped. Pardon if we seem standoff-ish due to this.

    Those who have met me before might be surprised that I say that, but in noisy places, my hearing aids pick up more background sounds than speech, so I am practically deaf when it comes to understanding what people say. :P

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    If it's going to be crowded, wouldn't earlier be a bit better? Just wondering, I don't actually know.

    Btw, where's bridge garden?
    The bridge garden is that big bridge connecting People's Park Complex and Pagoda Street along Eu Tong Sen Street.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Don't think it's me who poisoned him lah, otherwise he'd have got the full house (all three FA limiteds) already
    Maybe he will if you show him how good the other two FA limiteds are.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    January 17th 2009 Pentax user shoot out
    Date: let's confirm on 17th
    Venue: Chinatown

    1. fengwei (94281380)
    2. baracus
    3. creampuff (9686 1414) - Preferably 10 Jan or 17 Jan
    4. Ben L (96652290)
    5. airconvent - Preferably 10 Jan or 17 Jan
    6. istDeS
    7. lierudy (96185712) - 17 January
    8. gengh (98280854) - only 17 Jan
    9. p3ntx (try to be there, whenever there is Pentax outing, because it was fun and will always)
    10. art2d2 90731126 - Preferbly 10 or 17 Jan.
    11. Simplytimo 10th Jan preferred
    12. OhMyTohFu (97223423) - Preferably 10 or 17 Jan.
    13. felixcat8888 90889881 - 17 or 24 Jan
    14. Limited - on the 17th, can joint already
    15. le petit prince - I'm in
    16. Flowerpot - I need timing...
    17. seefei - flexi
    18. S-n-o-w-y-w-o-l-f (9.7.7.7.6.8.5.6.) - 17th Jan
    19. fliplock - I'm a newbie but i would like to join in.
    20. Equatorer, will call flavia to join as well

  5. #45

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Maybe he will if you show him how good the other two FA limiteds are.
    Well, I think he's seen the other two at Shriro, and he knows how good they are

  6. #46

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by le petit prince View Post
    Make that 2.. fliplock is another
    Oops, sorry, but glad we have one more lady joining

    Quote Originally Posted by le petit prince View Post

    And guys, do note she and I are deaf.. and we communicate best with you all via writing. Not ideal, I know, but can't be helped. Pardon if we seem standoff-ish due to this.

    Those who have met me before might be surprised that I say that, but in noisy places, my hearing aids pick up more background sounds than speech, so I am practically deaf when it comes to understanding what people say. :P
    Actually I didn't even notice that you have some problem hearing us until you said so Don't worry, we'll sure have some fun together ...

  7. #47

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by Equatorer View Post
    20. Equatorer, will call flavia to join as well
    That'll make it 3 beautiful ladies

  8. #48
    Member seefei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Well, I think he's seen the other two at Shriro, and he knows how good they are
    I tested the FA limited lenses at Shriro. The colour and sharpness is really good. I actually went back on another day to test the lenses before deciding to buy. But FW and Denis do help in part in convincing me....
    shoot to remember. flickr

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    few more weeks b4 the prices goes up... better hurry... the 77 is best among the 3...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  10. #50
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    How about meeting at Chinatown Point MacDonalds?
    Beside the MRT station and can eat if early.
    Those early enough can pop by Photographix Marketing on Level 2 to see things...

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    So have the time been set... im flexible
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    How about meeting at Chinatown Point MacDonalds?
    Beside the MRT station and can eat if early.
    Those early enough can pop by Photographix Marketing on Level 2 to see things...
    ya ya... can go photographix... everytime im there, the shop is closed... see how grumpy the uncle is
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    "River end"
    Posts
    4,249

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    few more weeks b4 the prices goes up... better hurry... the 77 is best among the 3...
    Yeah, since got one already, get the other 2 also before prices goes up. Make it 3 beautiful princess.
    Last edited by istDeS; 8th January 2009 at 10:55 AM.

  14. #54
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Suggest meet in the morning, say 10am at MacDonalds Chinatown Point. Have a small bite/drink, chat.
    Explore and shoot, then have lunch at Maxwell Market. The shoot some more. Adjourn.

  15. #55
    Member seefei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    ya ya... can go photographix... everytime im there, the shop is closed... see how grumpy the uncle is
    the shop owner is a retiree who doesnt like to be disturbed. buy ok but browsing are not welcome. go in with your wallet open

    nevertheless, i will still go cos i like to disturb and irritate that grumpy uncle.
    shoot to remember. flickr

  16. #56

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    ya ya... can go photographix... everytime im there, the shop is closed... see how grumpy the uncle is
    I was there yesterday afternoon, the shop doesn't have many Pentax stuff left, only an LX and an MX, plus some accessories for them, several M42 Takumar lenses including a couple of brand new ones (if you are willing to pay the premium prices ). The shop does carry quite some camera bags and tripods nowadays, probably because film camera business is too bad

  17. #57

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Suggest meet in the morning, say 10am at MacDonalds Chinatown Point. Have a small bite/drink, chat.
    Explore and shoot, then have lunch at Maxwell Market. The shoot some more. Adjourn.
    Fine w/ me

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I was there yesterday afternoon, the shop doesn't have many Pentax stuff left, only an LX and an MX, plus some accessories for them, several M42 Takumar lenses including a couple of brand new ones (if you are willing to pay the premium prices ).
    Sounds tempting. Any M or A lenses?

    Also, could someone spare me a M 28 or M 135 to test for the day? B&S needs more of them.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

  19. #59

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    Sounds tempting. Any M or A lenses?

    Also, could someone spare me a M 28 or M 135 to test for the day? B&S needs more of them.

    Nope, no more M/A lenses, just a brand new Takumar 17/4 fisheye, a brand new Takumar 50/4 macro, a used Takumar 85/1.9 and a used Takumar 50/1.4 I think. Prices are not cheap though.

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Far East
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Re: Jan. 2009 Outing - Suggestions & Registration

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Nope, no more M/A lenses, just a brand new Takumar 17/4 fisheye, a brand new Takumar 50/4 macro, a used Takumar 85/1.9 and a used Takumar 50/1.4 I think. Prices are not cheap though.
    A Takumar 85/1.9 you say? That's some find. But I'll stick to K mount lenses for now.
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •