Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to increase the range of PT04M wireless remote flash trigger

Default Re: How to increase the range of PT04M wireless remote flash trigger

Quote Originally Posted by ShutterCentral View Post
    Bro, still testing the relay with James? What are you guys testing this time round?
    Found some old PT04 to test?
    yup, manage to get it from fellow cser. will be testing outdoor this saturday. will try day and night time.
    Last edited by denniskee; 21st January 2010 at 12:00 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

since this set up uses 3 channels, u will still have 1 more channel for what ever u can think of using within the same location.
    Last edited by denniskee; 21st January 2010 at 12:00 AM.

so far what the max range u able to get?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    so far what the max range u able to get?
    not tested fully yet. problem is, i get different result, not sure why, read post #15.

Just a suggestion, for those non-pro photog but wants to try shooting stage performance eg ur children's kindergarten graduation where the stage lighting doesnt change or non at all.

1 of my friend using 2 strobe (with build in optical slave trigger) for that. One of the strobe is on wireless trigger (cant remember which sys. he used) while the other on optical trigger.

The problem he faced is, the one on optical trigger kept firing because other audiance was taking photos with flash.

So below is my suggestion :

Not only the working distant is increased, both strobes (represented by my 2 flashguns) will not be affected by flash from other cameras.

beside this particular brand u bought, have u try other mic wireless trigger for longer range?

i had 2 sets of targotec PT04M which brokedown in less than 2mth. nothing much done with those sets.

Thanks for sharing.
    So the transmitter on the receiver is for extra distance?

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    Just a suggestion, for those non-pro photog but wants to try shooting stage performance eg ur children's kindergarten graduation where the stage lighting doesnt change or non at all.

1 of my friend using 2 strobe (with build in optical slave trigger) for that. One of the strobe is on wireless trigger (cant remember which sys. he used) while the other on optical trigger.

The problem he faced is, the one on optical trigger kept firing because other audiance was taking photos with flash.

So below is my suggestion :

Not only the working distant is increased, both strobes (represented by my 2 flashguns) will not be affected by flash from other cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Thanks for sharing.
    So the transmitter on the receiver is for extra distance?
    yes.

yes.
    Brilliant! Thanks

3x transmitter & 4x receiver, around $80
    That's a very attractive price for 7 pieces of equipment!

Besides range, how's the firing reliability?

alamak, of cause the range i m stating is 10/10 firing rate. never try 100/100. after all, this is only my own expt to satisfy myself lar.

like i wrote, for hobby, at this price, i will go for it anytime.
    Last edited by denniskee; 21st January 2010 at 11:14 PM.

alamak, of cause the range i m stating is 10/10 firing rate. never try 100/100. after all, this is only my own expt to satisfy myself lar.

like i wrote, for hobby, at this price, i will go for it anytime.
    No worries man. If want 1001/1000, just carry HDB corridor along!

Hey, have you checked out the Yungnua 6xx or something like that? Seems like quite a lot of happy users, even though the transmitter IIRC have been known to suddenly 'die'.

Dm is rite, think the Yn 6Xx worth trying out...it slightly more exp but the range can save u lot of relay stations

So far the PT04II from ShutterCentral has been very reliable for me & peterpan1975, with his 1 to 1 exchange for iirc 6mth.

Also, i cant possibly keep 2 different system.

Anyway, i rather not try expt on eqpt that has known reliability issue.
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd January 2010 at 07:32 AM.

ps.. noob like to know more about these triggers
    - there are v2 and v3, any difference?
    - are these triggers jus to set off the flash when shutter goes off or they also do transmit the settings we set on the commander like exposure, TTL setting?

er.. u referring to the different version by which supplier?

- are these triggers jus to set off the flash when shutter goes off or they also do transmit the settings we set on the commander like exposure, TTL setting?
    sorry, i dont understand ur question.

these are just "dumb" triggers, only a few radio trigger models actually do TTL..

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    these are just "dumb" triggers, only a few radio trigger models actually do TTL..
    so this PT-04 is one that do not? I am asking this as I came across pocket wizard but its ex.

er.. u referring to the different version by which supplier?
    my bad. Ya. I saw some selling as Pt-04 vII and the other Pt-04 vIII

sorry, i dont understand ur question.
    as what J-Chan mentioned.. TTL metering. As I'm using D90 as commander. If I control grp A TTL flash compensation to be -1.0, can this info be passed to the remote flash via these wireless triggers

haha.. clever concept.

have you had a look at the newer PT04's?

i have no problems shooting without obstructions at about 15-20m, if you double relay those you could probably get like almost 100m range haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast