Thread: location help for Woodlanders (especially those near the Sports School)

Blog Entries

Default location help for Woodlanders (especially those near the Sports School)

need some location help from CSers ard the woodlands area, particularly near the Sports School.

when i drive along SLE, i notice that there's an empty plot of land on top of a hill/slope(??) in front of the sport school. the top of the hill seems to flatten out to the same level as the SLE exit from BKE. (on streetdirectory, i think it is woodlands dr 17) can i ask if the hill/slope is clime-able? thot dat is a pretty good place to stake out for sunrise/sunsets since there's no obstruction... unless you count the SLE exit...

any help will be appreciated. TIA!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Default Re: location help for Woodlanders (especially those near the Sports School)

yes...the slopes there are quite accessible i believe.

heard the whole area was a granite quarry , and before that a military training area.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Default Re: location help for Woodlanders (especially those near the Sports School)

see ppl play ball, fly model plane there before... its not as steep as you think.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    yes...the slopes there are quite accessible i believe.

heard the whole area was a granite quarry , and before that a military training area.
    training area! wow.. dat must be some time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    see ppl play ball, fly model plane there before... its not as steep as you think.
    ok! thanks a lot, guys!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

i think is at woodlands ave 9 exit from BKE to SLE...

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    training area! wow.. dat must be some time ago...

ok! thanks a lot, guys!

yup...i read it somewhere from here, i think

http://goodmorningyesterday.blogspot.com/
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    i think is at woodlands ave 9 exit from BKE to SLE...
    can't remember. i know is dat if i am on bke, i turn off at the turf club exit, the slope should be on my left hand side. the next exit is the one leading towards causeway point.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    yup...i read it somewhere from here, i think

http://goodmorningyesterday.blogspot.com/
    hey.. i think i know this guy...

this slope rite?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

oh ya, its taken in about 2nd or 3rd storey of the sports school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    this slope rite?
    yes! eh.. but u shot it from the sports school? lucky u...

yes! eh.. but u shot it from the sports school? lucky u...
    stayed there before mah...

can't remember. i know is dat if i am on bke, i turn off at the turf club exit, the slope should be on my left hand side. the next exit is the one leading towards causeway point.
    should be correct cause the next exit is woodlands eve 10.
    once you from BKE go into SLE, after passing the sports sch, the 1st exit is ave 9.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 2nd January 2009 at 06:02 PM.

know what u talking about...
    I live just across the road only...
    it should be acessible.

It's accessible by the road next to Christchurch Sec Sch. It's a small climb to the top. I've shot bridals there before but it's not fantastic for sunsets cos it's too low.