Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Own colour printing vs lab printing?

Default Re: Own colour printing vs lab printing?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    the printing system is cost more than that, that way I always insist on lab prints, whenther is paid job or personal, self home printing the results are inconsistant, and if you are fussy, ink and paper wastage will kill you.
    Actually boss, home printing has been made easier nowadays. It takes a bit of learning but that's what makes it more fun. Learning something new. IIRC, those fussy types are the usually ones who prints at home.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The system may cost a lot, but the cost is the same whether he prints a normal 4R or a passport photo composite. Hence it is a fair statement to say that the shop is trying to chop. That is the distinction.

Anyway for those who want to print passport photos in a 4R, go to Fotohub. No such nonsense of increasing the price. I had such a good relationship with them that I even can borrow their passport photo cutter to cut out the photos hehe
    photographers need to maintain good relationship with lab people, they will try to help you whatever they can, thou my lab can lend me their passport photo cutter, but I will still bring my own cutter.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Actually boss, home printing has been made easier nowadays. It takes a bit of learning but that's what makes it more fun. Learning something new. IIRC, those fussy types are the usually ones who prints at home.
    sure or not? maybe I'm too fussy and impatient.... but still, I like the quality of lab print.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    sure or not? maybe I'm too fussy and impatient.... but still, I like the quality of lab print.
    Yes! All the fussy people I know have the super power printers at home. LOL!

Anyway, for you of course you will prefer lab prints because that's your 2nd home!

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Any recommendations? The primary thing that I do not like in inkjet papers is the texture of the printed surface. In a lab print, the texture is smooth and frictionless. In a inkjet print, the printed surface appears to have a lot of friction.
    Ilford Gallerie Gold Fibre silk... my favourite paper, but unfortunately not available for retail in Singapore (the last time I asked, Ruby Photo, the dealer for Ilford, said they are not bringing it in)... must get over the internet... semi-gloss surface, excellent deep blacks, great colour...

Hi,

Is there any Good Photo Printing Shops near Sembawang area? And what is the rate?

Yesterday, I did printing at one of the shop in Yishun and the quality was . and the rate is 50 cents per 4R. They've used a small fuji printing machice to print mine.

My photos look very good in computer and I've expected the print should be the same, but........

Thanks.
    Canon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12