Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Has anyone downloaded the avg antivirus? Which site should I download it from? Is this antivirus better than norton?
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

  2. #2

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    free.grisoft.com

  3. #3

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    free.grisoft.com
    else you can try AVAST. I personally prefer this than AVG.
    Norton is lousy unless it's for enterprise

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Thanks.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

  5. #5
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Why didn't visit AVG site directly for the download?

    ../azul123

  6. #6

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Why didn't visit AVG site directly for the download?

    ../azul123
    err..which I think is Grisoft....
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Former CS Senior Member
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    personally avg not good. din detect one of the virus until i use mcafee. there's always a price to pay. nothing is free in this world except one thing......(go figure it out).

  8. #8

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    I use Kaspersky. It detects loads of viruses and spywares which AVG missed.
    Last edited by photobum; 3rd January 2009 at 09:12 PM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    personally avg not good. din detect one of the virus until i use mcafee. there's always a price to pay. nothing is free in this world except one thing......(go figure it out).
    Personally I do feel some things we need no pay if we take proper
    precaution. On the other hand, which software to use is really, end day,
    up to each choice, a personal preference i guess

  10. #10

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Quote Originally Posted by woojacky View Post
    Personally I do feel some things we need no pay if we take proper
    precaution. On the other hand, which software to use is really, end day,
    up to each choice, a personal preference i guess
    My nephew was the one who told me to use AVG. He said it is free, so I downloaded the program thinking that it would solve my virus problem. But it offers no help at all.

    I have no choice but to buy a 'real' anti-virus software. I went to TechDrome at Sim Lim Square. The owner recommended Kaspersky. I bought it without much consideration.

    Upon reaching home, I installed the program. Ran the update and did a "Full" scan. The program detected 34 viruses and 9 spywares which AVG had missed! Problem solved.

    Bottomline is, there is no such thing as free lunch.
    Last edited by photobum; 3rd January 2009 at 09:15 PM.

  11. #11
    Member NeTHaCk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    786

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    My nephew was the one who told me to use AVG. He said it is free, so I downloaded the program thinking that it would solve my virus problem. But it offers no help at all.

    I have no choice but to buy a 'real' anti-virus software. I went to TechDrome at Sim Lim Square. The owner recommended Kaspersky. I bought it without much consideration.

    Upon reaching home, I installed the program. Ran the update and did a "Full" scan. The program detected 34 viruses and 9 spywares which AVG had missed! Problem solved.

    Bottomline is, there is no such thing as free lunch.
    kaspersky is the best and most legendary antivirus .

    avg however is free, and its good enough for average usage. however, AVG isnt enough, you need a good anti-spyware, a free one either adaware or spybot.

    i would recommend for paid antivirus either

    1) Kaspersky(MOST rECOMMENDED!)
    2) Trend micro

    anyway, another free antivius i would recommend is Avira Antivir. the update takes some time but its a better antivirus than Avg

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    I used Kaspersky Antivirus. It was OK until it expired. Several days before expiry, it had reminder pop up dialogue boxes reminding to renew ( pay up for another year online)


    (edited)
    Last edited by ricohflex; 10th July 2009 at 07:49 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    Update.
    Back to using Kaspersky.
    I figured it out how to make Kaspersky work.

    When installing Kaspersky, do not choose Express Install.
    Always choose Custom Install.

    Do not ever allow Kaspersky to automatically decide what to do when it thinks another software is fishy.
    Always choose for Kaspersky to report so that you the user can decide what to do in each case.

    Otherwise you find that other useful and proper applications may be affected because Kaspersky thought it was malware or a virus.

    Only install those features you want.
    Especially do not choose protection against Network Attack or data leak.

    It can kill your broadband link if that is seen as a network device.

    You don't need the parental control feature.

    When updating virus database, you wonder why the ending at 99% takes so long.
    To cure that...
    In Update Click on Settings, then click on Additional
    You see that Rescan After Update has been prechosen for you by the software.

    Unclick this.
    Then the update will not take forever to finish at the end part with screen showing 99%.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 11th July 2009 at 08:24 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: which site is safe to download free trial of avg antivirus?

    try download dot com. I get my avg from there.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •