Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mp3 player?

Default Re: mp3 player?

Sandisk has refreshed its Clip to Clip+.

Too bad that there is no distributor here...

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Sandisk has refreshed its Clip to Clip+.

Too bad that there is no distributor here...
    Wah why u dig up the thread? So which player u bought? I'm using a SE W902 + BT headset now. Its easy and hassle free.

If you want bass emphasis in your sound, I'd say get a Sony or a Sandisk Clip+. Look over at VR Forums mass order thread.

Personally, I'm using a Cowon D2+ and I like it. You can probably get the D2 for cheap at HWZ/VR Forums B&S. I personally like the slightly colder sound sig of the Cowon D2s

Clip+ the most bang for the buck imo
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah why u dig up the thread? So which player u bought? I'm using a SE W902 + BT headset now. Its easy and hassle free.
    I am still looking for a player! Actually did buy the Creative X-Fi for my wife to watch her mp4s. So I am still looking for a player. But all this while I am still using my portable CD-player, but it is not so portable as compared to the Clip+. Hence, looking at one.
    Last edited by Canew; 21st November 2009 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    If you want bass emphasis in your sound, I'd say get a Sony or a Sandisk Clip+. Look over at VR Forums mass order thread.

Personally, I'm using a Cowon D2+ and I like it. You can probably get the D2 for cheap at HWZ/VR Forums B&S. I personally like the slightly colder sound sig of the Cowon D2s
    Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    Clip+ the most bang for the buck imo
    Thanks for the endorsement for the Clip+, Cartman2000 and Royaux. I did see a Clip+ MO thread, but thinking should I see what is in store at next week's SITEX. Who do you guys think? A procrastinator, I am ...

You will probably find players from Samsung, Sony, Creative, iRiver, Apple and those capalang brands at SITEX.

Personally, I am a little brand-biased, so take my words with a pinch of salt

I wouldn't get an Apple player if you don't intend to pair it with an external amplifier.

iRiver's quality has dropped since the Clix/Clix2 days, so I wouldn't bother with its current stuff.

I just don't trust Creative's sometimes problematic players and their sound doesn't appeal to me.

Sony's UI is very plain, but is easy to navigate and there is simply nothing to complain about sound quality. Their players are decently priced as well.

The Sansa Clip+ offers the most bang for buck, but I don't think you'll find it at SITEX yet. The fact that people are willing to pair >$500 phones with this player speaks volumes of its sonic prowess.

Used to own a Samsung YP-K3 and I don't really like their DNSE sound enhancement tech. Otherwise, sound quality is good.

Cowons..to me they are the best players to buy if you don't plan to use amps.

Therefore,

If you are a fan of warm and bassy sound, get a Sansa or Sony

If you like your sound slightly colder, get a Cowon

Also, I'd recommend getting a pair of decent phones(Soundmagic PL50 or Hippo Shrooms) to go with your new player

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    I am still looking for a player! Actually did buy the Creative X-Fi for my wife to watch her mp4s. So I am still looking for a player. But all this while I am still using my portable CD-player, but it is not so portable as compared to the Clip+. Hence, looking at one.
    Wah.......11 months liao still have not decided? I think Sony is quite good. I like the sound quality of SE phones, so Sony's player must be at least on par or better.

Panasonic got any mp3 players? Panasonic and Technics used to make some very good discmans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    You will probably find players from Samsung, Sony, Creative, iRiver, Apple and those capalang brands at SITEX.

Personally, I am a little brand-biased, so take my words with a pinch of salt

I wouldn't get an Apple player if you don't intend to pair it with an external amplifier.

iRiver's quality has dropped since the Clix/Clix2 days, so I wouldn't bother with its current stuff.

I just don't trust Creative's sometimes problematic players and their sound doesn't appeal to me.

Sony's UI is very plain, but is easy to navigate and there is simply nothing to complain about sound quality. Their players are decently priced as well.

The Sansa Clip+ offers the most bang for buck, but I don't think you'll find it at SITEX yet. The fact that people are willing to pair >$500 phones with this player speaks volumes of its sonic prowess.

Used to own a Samsung YP-K3 and I don't really like their DNSE sound enhancement tech. Otherwise, sound quality is good.

Cowons..to me they are the best players to buy if you don't plan to use amps.

Therefore,

If you are a fan of warm and bassy sound, get a Sansa or Sony

If you like your sound slightly colder, get a Cowon

Also, I'd recommend getting a pair of decent phones(Soundmagic PL50 or Hippo Shrooms) to go with your new player
    Cartman2000, thanks for the lengthy explanation. I have more or less zeroed in on the Clip+. I kind of like bassy sound. But what does a warm sound mean?

I intend the change the stock earbuds to a IEM. I am currently using the UE Super.fi3 for my CD player. Is the Soundmagic PL50 (about $80) or Hippo Shrooms (price??) available in Stereo?

As for the Clip+, people actually pair it to such a expensive earphones? With or without amp?
    Last edited by Canew; 22nd November 2009 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah.......11 months liao still have not decided? I think Sony is quite good. I like the sound quality of SE phones, so Sony's player must be at least on par or better.

Panasonic got any mp3 players? Panasonic and Technics used to make some very good discmans.
    Hahhahaha. As mentioned, I actually bought the Creative X-Fi, thinking that I will get a chance to use it once a while. But most of the time, my wife will be using it. So decided to get a mp3 player (no mp4 support). More or less zoomed in on the Clip+, thanks to Cartman2000's lengthy comments.

just reuse your Super-fi3... or look out for Sitex later this week where logitech claims to have good deals for their UE stuff (YMMV)
    Last edited by theRBK; 23rd November 2009 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    just reuse your Super-fi3... or look out for Sitex later this week where logitech claims to have good deals for their UE stuff (YMMV)
    Yup, intend to pair the Clip+ with the UE Super.Fi3. Have ordered the Clip+. See when it arrives.

the new promo for UE is up... http://www.gameshop.com.sg/downloads/sitexflyer.pdf... scroll all the way down...

not spectacular but at least don't have to go all the way down to Expo for the deals...

theRBK, thanks for the link. So that is the new UE line-up. So Super.Fi3 no more?

Wonder how good does the MetroFi 200 sounds compared to the Super.Fi3.

here's a link with more info specific to Sitex rather than the island wide one above... http://pricewatch.vr-zone.com//uploa...Ears_SITEX.jpg... don't know if it applies outside of Sitex...

yeah, from what I've heard (can't remember from where so don't take this as necessarily true) they are phasing out the SuperFi3... looking at the newer models like the SF4, SF5 (not the 5pro or 5EB), and UE700, looks like they are going for the more compact, MetroFi type bodies now for the midrange...

haven't tried out the MetroFi 200 but from reviews, decent quality but not supposed to rival the SuperFi series... can always go Stereo or Jaben to try...

me, I actually preferred the sound of the SF3 to the SF5 when I tried them out earlier in the year... saved some money in the process
    Last edited by theRBK; 26th November 2009 at 02:40 AM.

theRBK, thanks for the comments.

Bro afbug, just wanted to update you that I got the Clip+ liao... So don't laugh at me that I took 11 months to get a player ah...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12