Thread: What the hell is Nikon doing?

Newbie0001
    Guests

Default What the hell is Nikon doing?

alamak! Nikon again.....

Nikon's SLR, nothing to say, sure one.
    But come to DC....

Nikon really don't know how to do business and keep their customers in DC marketing.
    i.e:
    After the 950, there aren't any "good" DCs that produced by nikon. 775, 885......all are failure!
    (including nikon 5k).

I used 995 before. The macro shots, damn nice and clear. But for the normal pictures, not as sharp as other DCs. I wonder why? because of the f2.8 slow lens or the quality of the lens. Compare to 990, really not so sharp.

and nikon seldom listen to their customers one. A lot of users have bring some firmware issues to nikon's customer service, yet they didn't take any action up to date. All they know is to launch some "stupid" product eg: nikon 2500. (Go and read dpreview's review, then you know why).

Worse and worse.........

My opinions are:
    a) Yeap, 950 /990 did build a benchmark for DCs once. But the DCs after these 2 models by nikon, can't take it.

b) I like the CP 9XX series, swivel body. Think to get a good dc with this kind of inovation design, know what? they came out with nikon 5k *pengz*

c) Okay, that is fine. Go and squeeze all those function of 995 into a smaller body (nikon 5k). Then the nikon 5k needs an adapter to use those previous accessories ....*pengzzz* again....

d) Read today's newspaper? Wow! a big whole page of Nikon 2500's advertisement? waste money......(why don't they waste some $$$ in their algorithm? wahaha...)
    really stupid leh.
    I know /understand that advertisement is very important to make some products have good sales records. But in dc world , that is not the way!
    For a lousy DC, even you advertise, still no one dare to touch it one! Nikon, nikon, what are you doing? We don't need so many choices, all we need is a DC!

~~ just my 2 cents..........

Default Re: What the hell is Nikon doing?

Originally posted by Newbie0001
    alamak! Nikon again.....

Nikon's SLR, nothing to say, sure one.
    But come to DC....

Nikon really don't know how to do business and keep their customers in DC marketing.
    i.e:
    After the 950, there aren't any "good" DCs that produced by nikon. 775, 885......all are failure!
    (including nikon 5k).

I used 995 before. The macro shots, damn nice and clear. But for the normal pictures, not as sharp as other DCs. I wonder why? because of the f2.8 slow lens or the quality of the lens. Compare to 990, really not so sharp.

and nikon seldom listen to their customers one. A lot of users have bring some firmware issues to nikon's customer service, yet they didn't take any action up to date. All they know is to launch some "stupid" product eg: nikon 2500. (Go and read dpreview's review, then you know why).

Worse and worse.........

My opinions are:
    a) Yeap, 950 /990 did build a benchmark for DCs once. But the DCs after these 2 models by nikon, can't take it.

b) I like the CP 9XX series, swivel body. Think to get a good dc with this kind of inovation design, know what? they came out with nikon 5k *pengz*

c) Okay, that is fine. Go and squeeze all those function of 995 into a smaller body (nikon 5k). Then the nikon 5k needs an adapter to use those previous accessories ....*pengzzz* again....

d) Read today's newspaper? Wow! a big whole page of Nikon 2500's advertisement? waste money......(why don't they waste some $$$ in their algorithm? wahaha...)
    really stupid leh.
    I know /understand that advertisement is very important to make some products have good sales records. But in dc world , that is not the way!
    For a lousy DC, even you advertise, still no one dare to touch it one! Nikon, nikon, what are you doing? We don't need so many choices, all we need is a DC!

~~ just my 2 cents..........
    Every camera maker has a few failures, and among their products, all of them will exhibit such anomalies. I have a Coolpix 950, and till today i have not stopped cursing it for needing a flash bracket. On the other hand, the swivel body is really nice, but will not take a hotshoe.

995 is admittedly not as good as the 990. As for the 5000, they did answer some user's needs for an in-camera hotshoe. But of coz, that will mean departing from the swivel body design which so many people like. So how?

The 5000 is actually not a bad thing, apart from some of its quirks. And which other consumer digital camera do you see has a 28-85mm zoom? And an attachment that takes it down to 19mm with minimal distortion?

The 9xx/5000 are in a different class from the 8xx/7xx and cannot be directly compared, so I won't go into that here. But they do have their market, and the 2500D belongs to this same market as well. Finally, these low end users can have the benefits of the 9xx swivel body.

Nikon Singapore has never been so aggressive in their marketing efforts when they were under Shriro. It's a good thing to see them put in more effort in their marketing. Which will eventually be a good thing for us.

Regards
    CK