i have been reading about raynox macro converters and i have a few questions. i am using canon 450D with kit lens, 50mm f/1.8 and 55-250 IS.
1) i read about focusing problems. does auto-focus work with the macro converter? if yes, then with no USM, is there a problem with achieving focus on my lenses?
2) say i am 0.5m away from my subject, does the converter make my subject look 2.5x bigger when attached? does it allow me to focus on my subject when i am closer, say at 10cm away from it? (assuming 10cm is smaller than the min focus distance of the lens)
3) i read about cropping of photos, why is this necessary?
4) what kind of magnification factors can i expect with my lenses at max zoom, ie 55mm for kit, 250mm for telephoto?
5) i read about DOF control issues. does this arise cause the DOF is low as the converter allows me to focus at much closer distances to subject? will increasing aperture help with this problem?
thanks in advance on help provided.