Thread: Anyone going for fireworks on new year eve??

Default Anyone going for fireworks on new year eve??

what a good opportunity to take photos of fireworks, but don't you think, year after year, the crowd is just so ridiculously huge and packed that you can't even hold your camera steadily, be it the tripod (afterall people will probably kick ur tripod coz it's taking up alot of space haha)..

so anyone going? any *SECRET* location that anyone can spare me? haha pls pm me haha.. gonna be the first time trying to take fireworks since i got my dslr early this year

Default Re: Anyone going for fireworks on new year eve??

Hahaha I am still looking for a place to camp for the fireworks. I intend to go to the barrage but I have a feeling it will be CRAMP. Hahaha Looking for alternative too.

climb up the singapore flyer, nobody will be up there....
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

The crowd just turns me off.. especially after some unpleasant event that happened on last year's NYE.... totally pissed me off! maybe tomolo i just go walk around marina sq and check out haha

sorry guys, haven't been keeping track of the news lately...which places have fireworks tomorrow ah? i know marina bay area will have...apart from that any other areas?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie View Post
    sorry guys, haven't been keeping track of the news lately...which places have fireworks tomorrow ah? i know marina bay area will have...apart from that any other areas?
    mount faber and boon lay place have small fireworks

Will marina barrage area road be open to public? I wanna drive in.. what time usually do people go there to get a good place? I'm not shooting, just want to enjoy the fireworks with my special other half.. will sitting on the big grass patch on the marina barrage roof top get a good view?

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Will marina barrage area road be open to public? I wanna drive in.. what time usually do people go there to get a good place? I'm not shooting, just want to enjoy the fireworks with my special other half.. will sitting on the big grass patch on the marina barrage roof top get a good view?
    No, road to Marina Barrage is closed. You have to take MRT > ferry bus.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    No, road to Marina Barrage is closed. You have to take MRT > ferry bus.
    just a correction, road to marina barrage carpark will only be closed if the carpark is full. if not u still can drive in

Quote Originally Posted by nzw89 View Post
    The crowd just turns me off.. especially after some unpleasant event that happened on last year's NYE.... totally pissed me off! maybe tomolo i just go walk around marina sq and check out haha
    Not to mention the countless hordes of foreign workers who always seem to show up at NYE events. No thanks, think I'll stay home this time.

the ecp bridge quite empty this year...hehe nice weather yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    the ecp bridge quite empty this year...hehe nice weather yesterday.

Which part of the bridge were you at? I ended up standing in the middle of the road when the fireworks started. Haha.