Thread: Which Dell LCD monitor to buy for photo use?

Default Which Dell LCD monitor to buy for photo use?

Hi all ,

Would like to get your advise.

I am looking for 22 to 24 inch LCD from Dell. Why Dell? Becos they have a first 7 days total satisfaction gurantee even for non-ultra-sharp model. This means if i get a panel with one dead or bright pixel, i can ask for refund minus the $35bucks transportation cost, within the first 7 business days.

Should i go for

E228WFP selling for $328
    E248WFP selling for $518
    S2409W selling for $480++

I am concerned about getting the largest color gamut within this limited budget. Please help advise me.thanks

song

Default Re: Which Dell LCD monitor to buy for photo use?

how? any ideal? how about the latest Philips IPS panel LCD?? Just saw in SLS today.

Dell lists the panel type that is being used. The non-TN ones are the 24" 2408WFP and the 30" 3008WFP.

The Philips one also sounds pretty good. No idea how it performs though.

If u are using for photos, do give those TN panels a miss.
    Currently I find the new phillips 24" H-IPS panel LCD is the most value for money, at $7xx
    I'm curently using the Dell 2407-WFP S-PVA panel, so you want a Dell, like what YSLee mentioned, go for the 2408WFP / 3008WFP, but those should be over your budget and are using S-PVA panels if I'm not wrong
    The phillips would be a much better choice

i am also looking at 2408WFP. A bit expensive but the philips IPS panel also not very much cheaper. With dell, i can use the first 7 days total satisfaction gurantee to ensure i get a perfect panel. With philips, i will have to take a bet. This bet is only worth 120bucks. For a perfect panel gurantee, i rather take the dell.

However, i am puzzeled. Dell only says that the 24o0WFP is using VA panel. Vertically Alligned panel. Is VA panel the same as H-IPS or S-PVA. Can you guys comment and advise?

thanks. BTW, should i wait for 2409WFP to be released? 09 is here already.

any comments?