View Poll Results: Is the world a nice place?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 45.45%
  • No

18 54.55%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: do you think that the world is a nice place?

Default Re: do you think that the world is a nice place?

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    so will it be evolution or god's creation?

that 'nice' will not apply to us anymore sadly like soreeyez mentioned
    Nature. I never believe in bringing in the "G" word into it. Look athow many lovely scene shot of vast landscape of untouched or barely touch places. Nature. Natural forces that for oens that shapes the cliff faces, the montains that forms by the pressure within....etc. Nature's Nice is beautiful and balance. Human is never about balance but greed and the need to want more and not want to give back. To take from a forest till it has nothing more to give. Religion comes from human and so does war and other so called human value..we are eating ourselves out of not just our home(planet) but removing the "nice" from this world. As some might say, the world is still nice but yes..for how long more?

The good news is, it has been proven(to have happen many times over) and that we will be replaced as did the dinosaur and other periods, we will not be missed, and in the millenium to come, earth will heal and flourish again, we will in turn be the fossil fuel to a new set of life forms. Hopefully when they face their own evolution, we would have still have left behind enough evidents to make certain they will not repeat what we did to Mother Earth. And thus may their existence be way longer and nicer then ours.

If that sends a chill down your spine...then you, me and everyone else have better start to ask ourselves..When do we start to play "nice"?
    Last edited by sammy888; 30th December 2008 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Actually on reflecting deepr about your Title... The world IS a very very nice place. Just that we human made it not nice. I bet once mother nature finds a way to kill us all off ....it will be nice again heh.

i am sometimes glad for nature. there's a reason why i always run to richmond park

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    The world is a nice place~
    But sad to say, in reality, a number of human mankind change the environment.

If only human mankind accept and appreciate what we have.
    And to accept life is unfair.
    Some start off their success or satisfy their wants and needs early and most start off late.

It's how we accept it and move on to change what we need to change.
    Or if the desire to change is not there, simply accept it.

And yup, we should love one another~

Bro, can make Jeanette Aw love me?

can. to attain sexual nirvana you must mediate on a dung heap for 7 days and 7 nites. then ze ladies will not be able to resist you.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    can. to attain sexual nirvana you must mediate on a dung heap for 7 days and 7 nites. then ze ladies will not be able to resist you.
    meditate

the power of a single letter in a typo changes the meaning so much

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    meditate

the power of a single letter in a typo changes the meaning so much
    whoops! i meant meditate
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    ianwurn, you know who to turn to if you're intentions come true one day haha

i really tio pwned if i kena spiked by the very own coffee i make
    btw its instant kopi, ok with either of u?
    Instant coffee is fine. I usually put 2 packets to one portion of water. Instant kopi GAO!

Who should I turn to ? U ?
    Snap ?

i am sometimes glad for nature. there's a reason why i always run to richmond park
    [/QUOTE]

Just look how nice the world can be without human in the picture or do anything to make it better or worst.

nice is subjective ~
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post

Just look how nice the world can be without human in the picture or do anything to make it better or worst.
    i quote henry david thoreau, who has many quotes about solitude, incidentally that i subscribe to..

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

just sitting on the grass on a great day, and staring into the sky - how many of us have forgotten the simple pleasure it brings, rather than pursuit of the hard and fast life, the dazzling lights and the intoxicating drink?

and people still wonder why i like to be quiet and just observe my surroundings ~
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    and people still wonder why i like to be quiet and just observe my surroundings ~
    you may like saul leiter then; i like his work

'I spent a great deal of my life being ignored. I was always very happy that way. Being ignored is a great privilege. That is how I think I learnt to see what others do not see and to react to situations differently. I simply looked at the world, not really prepared for anything.' -- Saul Leiter

you may like saul leiter then; i like his work

'I spent a great deal of my life being ignored. I was always very happy that way. Being ignored is a great privilege. That is how I think I learnt to see what others do not see and to react to situations differently. I simply looked at the world, not really prepared for anything.' -- Saul Leiter
    that quote really is befitting of me somehow
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234