Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The most irritating comments?

Default Re: The most irritating comments?

Oh, and a personal faves

"flogging the dead horse"
    "my 2 cents"
    "i'm a newbie"

Quote Originally Posted by luntut View Post
    its pretty dependent on what you mean by "leave the kid alone"

seems like there is another kid that wishes to be left alone too..
    Well it seems like u are always against kids who have good more expensive camera or lens... whats wrong with kids having that? If they are good so be it...
    "If triangles had Gods, they would be three-sided"
    Flickr|

my 2 cents worth (your opinion really that worthless meh?)
    my 0.2cents (do they even realise that its actually not even worth anything???)
    my 0.2 dollars worth (do they even realise that its 20 cents?)
    my 0.02 dollars worth (in the first place cant you just press one '2' button, why need to so mafan and press '0' and '.'?)

then there are those jokers that think its damn funneh to put
    my x cents worth, where x is a random number.

seriously. if i had 2 cents for every time someone said any of the above or its variations, i can be another one of those kids w the d300 liao.

ALL the above

my 2 cents worth..... ha ha

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

nice
    very nice
    super nice
    so nice

trying to add their post count

==> interesting

dun even have fullstop

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    ==> interesting

dun even have fullstop
    "I like it" (never say why)

"There are other threads on this topic, read them before asking." "Please Google it you ask".

True that nothing is new under the sun and we can always google for information...but that defeats the point of having a forum, right? (And what fun is there in digging up a thread that ended 15 years ago?)

If not, everyone will just go RTFM; or go ask XMM whether they know the answer or not, instead of logging in to ClubSnap!

Feel free to disagree, that just...My 75 dollars, 23 cents' (excluding GST) worth.

...and what do you do when you feel irritated?
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Merry met. wtf someone think they're LOTR is it?!
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    ...and what do you do when you feel irritated?

nice!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    ooo new emoticon?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by AMediaLuz View Post
    "There are other threads on this topic, read them before asking." "Please Google it you ask".

True that nothing is new under the sun and we can always google for information...but that defeats the point of having a forum, right? (And what fun is there in digging up a thread that ended 15 years ago?)

If not, everyone will just go RTFM; or go ask XMM whether they know the answer or not, instead of logging in to ClubSnap!
    Ok, let's imagine you're at college/university studying literature. And half of the class whines because they didn't bother to learn how to read and write before joining.

And, when pointed out that basic literacy is to be expected at a university, they start complaining about "elitism".

Or you're going to a workshop on image processing, but serious discussions never materialize because 50% of the participants demand a step-by-step explanation on the concepts of addition and multiplications.

Maybe such people should take their primary school education first.

In the end, it boils down to what league you want Clubsnap to be in. Do you see Clubsnap as a serious discussion forum, or as a toddler playgroup?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    In the end, it boils down to what league you want Clubsnap to be in. Do you see Clubsnap as a serious discussion forum, or as a toddler playgroup?
    so do all members need to be some photographic / arts related grads? if not cannot be member?

since when Clubsnap became an exclusive photography forum?
    have u seen the "light" yet?

Ok, let's imagine you're at college/university studying literature. And half of the class whines because they didn't bother to learn how to read and write before joining.

And, when pointed out that basic literacy is to be expected at a university, they start complaining about "elitism".

Or you're going to a workshop on image processing, but serious discussions never materialize because 50% of the participants demand a step-by-step explanation on the concepts of addition and multiplications.

I dunno what the intention of the founders was but IMHO: Depends where the thread is.

There are some elite runner's forums that do exactly as this forum does. Most areas for serious discussion and then an area to unwind to find out about yr fellow forumers.....a "toddler's playgroup area"....or perferably a "fun zone" where you hang out with fellow CSers and talk abt nothing.
    Running for conservation and ACRES. Donate at http://www.acres.org.sg/donate.html

Thought the forum has already been segmented and that's why they have newbies corner etc. This forum seemed to cater to all levels of skill, except there may be forummers who don't really know their "ought to be" status.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    since when Clubsnap became an exclusive photography forum?
    It has not, and I didn't claim it has. My response was towards the concept of "what's wrong with repeating ad nauseam the same stuff that has been discussed a million times and explained by people much better than it can be done here and everything is available if one would just bother to search/read".

Of course you can have such a forum, but, to turn your question around, since when has Clubsnap become a forum exclusive to clueless newbies? Just as newbies will complain about the elitism of more knowledgeable fellows, you can expect that people at a level where they are looking for discussions with some more depth will get frustrated rather quickly. Chances are, they won't bother answering newbie questions anymore, which in the end is the loss of the less experienced.

A big hodgepodge of all levels in one place doesn't work, unless everyone makes an attempt to meet somewhere in the middle. That may mean dumbing down posts to make them palatable to newbies, but for newbies it also means putting in the effort on doing their homework and post well-researched questions.

Comments like;

"Your photo CMI" but never said how to improve .... or

"I won't engage u if I'm the person" but never said what can be improve .....

These are trash comments that I saw in other people's post that got commented.

I find it's crap. If u want to comment, share ya experience or advise so that the person who post can learn n improve. Show ya work so that others can learn n look up to.

So what if u are the best photographer? U don't deserve any respect. It's either u r too proud to share or u don't want others to improve.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast