Thread: Q: markins plates

Default Q: markins plates

1) anyone reading this have the Markins PG-50? does it fit directly to the D200 body?
    2) will the 'lip' on the plate obstruct the door of the battery grip (i am using MB-D200) from opening? because from the picture, it seems like it will..

hope someone using it can advise me on it, thanks!

Last edited by IamJeFfy; 29th December 2008 at 02:22 AM.

Default Re: Q: markins plates

yes, will. have to buy the specific plate. p50 will obstruct door opening of grip

if using with grip, best is to have L-bracket plate, the RRS type. cuz if not, the grip to body part quite flimsy, having good ball head also no point.. will wobble.

w/o grip, you can use the markins p200U plate, good plate, can put hand strap

alternative is buy kang rinpochi plate and use

Quote Originally Posted by proteonXPR View Post
    yes, will. have to buy the specific plate. p50 will obstruct door opening of grip

if using with grip, best is to have L-bracket plate, the RRS type. cuz if not, the grip to body part quite flimsy, having good ball head also no point.. will wobble.

w/o grip, you can use the markins p200U plate, good plate, can put hand strap

alternative is buy kang rinpochi plate and use
    i used the plate finder and PG-50 is what they recommended.
    is there a specific plate for MB-D200 grip? other than RRS.
    no RRS because i see myself upgrading in the future and don't want to spend that much on a L-bracket.

i will remember to check out kangrinpochi too.
    anyone use the kangrinpochi plate on MB-D200 to share experience?

Nikon D200 - P200U
    Nikon D200 with MB-D200 - PG-50
    thanks.

just checked kangrinpoche website and seems like they don't have the L-bracket for D200!!
    do they?? if they do, anyone knows what is the price range like? about a hundred bucks?
    definitely a good substitute for RRS if there is.. but quality wise?
    and do i have to change the clamp assuming that i am going to use it on a Q3?

Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    just checked kangrinpoche website and seems like they don't have the L-bracket for D200!!
    do they?? if they do, anyone knows what is the price range like? about a hundred bucks?
    so far only RRS have, never seen it any where else.

d200 grip clearance for door is quite low, last time my old hand strap cannot open door. so i fedup sold grip.

you can use pg50 for it, at most the plate turn the other way if door cannot open, the curl side infront.

other plates available include roxiss etc, but so far i feel markins original is good cuz it is more anti twist than roxiss (which depends on friction to prevent twist)

Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    Besides RRS, Kirk also has L-bracket available for the D200. However, price is only slightly cheaper. Manfrotto does have a generic L-bracket (called elbow bracket) but it is way bigger.
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

read that in order to use the L-brackets, you have to replace the tripod quick release clamp?
    is there a Markins clamp that is able to hold L-brackets?
    the L-brackets sure looks tempting..

lastly, anyone reading this have the Markins PG-50? does it fit directly to the D200 body?
    i wonder if the plate meant for the grip is able to fit directly to the D200?