Thread: How do you bring your DSLR into amusement parks?

Default How do you bring your DSLR into amusement parks?

Hi all,

I'll be going to Everland, one of the theme park in Korea. However, my past experience was to leave my dslr and equipments in my hotel and bring just my compact camera as I want to sit in the rides.

This time round, I wold want to bring my dslr and equipments. Is it advisable? Where can I leave the camera bag (with camera + lens) when taking the rides? Appreciate any kind advice!

Thanx!

Default Re: How do you bring your DSLR into amusement parks?

either don't take the rides,

or if you are not travelling alone, take turns

boh pian.

I took my camera with me everywhere in HK Disneyland... If you're that paranoid, best not to get a dslr.
    Alpha

I also took mt camera when I went to Tokyo Disneyland. It hung from my neck all the while. I even took rides with it. There was this roller-coster ride where I just random snap from my chest-level. Luckily it did not fling out! shdn't be too much of a hassle.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

put inside backpack and use camcorder instead..more fun to record the ride.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Don't know about Everland, but I remember most amusement parks in the US had cubby holes on the platform for your to place your bags before you get onto the ride. At your own risk, of course.

I ditched my dSLR in favor of a digital compact... Can use video function... More options, more fun... But there's the D90 and 5D MkII these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    I ditched my dSLR in favor of a digital compact... Can use video function... More options, more fun... But there's the D90 and 5D MkII these days...
    It's not comfy using them for video... Compacts or a dedicated handycam do faaaar better.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It's not comfy using them for video... Compacts or a dedicated handycam do faaaar better.
    good points....i can just imagine someone using the D90 to record video on a roller coaster ride like the Superman ride in GC, Aust.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    good points....i can just imagine someone using the D90 to record video on a roller coaster ride like the Superman ride in GC, Aust.
    Easier to fly off your hand....

wow all your suggestions sound very risky.... my precious D300!! cannot risk it leh.....
    think will just bring a small compact camera then...

I just went to Everland in Nov and brought my D300. No problem...just put it in a camera bag and then dump it into my samsonite backpack. Alot of cushioning to take any minor inpact from twist and turn. The camera is not that fragile unless you dropped it of course.
    Good photography is not so much about what you use as the way that you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by hanphotog View Post
    Hi all,

I'll be going to Everland, one of the theme park in Korea. However, my past experience was to leave my dslr and equipments in my hotel and bring just my compact camera as I want to sit in the rides.

This time round, I wold want to bring my dslr and equipments. Is it advisable? Where can I leave the camera bag (with camera + lens) when taking the rides? Appreciate any kind advice!

Thanx!
    I was there last year but went on only the less 'bolder' rides as i lug my entire DSLR setup with me. My main aim there's to take pics and of cos sit some rides, but do not bring it aboard roller coasters.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.