Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Lens flare problem....

  1. #21
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Try to quote his post. He didn't link to a jpg, but to a web page.
    still unable to find where is the hell of the mystery link, web page or whatever....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  2. #22

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    still unable to find where is the hell of the mystery link, web page or whatever....
    Here:

    Alpha

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    still unable to find where is the hell of the mystery link, web page or whatever....
    the pic can be found here

    took me a LONG time to find the mystery link too...haha
    Last edited by godzilla60; 29th December 2008 at 01:44 PM.
    G

  4. #24
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Here:

    are you pulling my leg? how come I see no photo?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    That can be. But in the example you gave, it's definitely not flare. The other elements of the picture are a bit smudged as well.
    yup....it looks like smudgy......when my filter has condensation, it has almost the same effects....even worse....like dreamy dreamy effect...haha
    G

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    are you pulling my leg? how come I see no photo?
    did u try my post? u can click on the word "here" in the previous post...
    G

  7. #27

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    are you pulling my leg? how come I see no photo?
    I can see it. :P
    Alpha

  8. #28
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    the pic can be found here

    took me a LONG time to find the mystery link too...haha
    I see, thank you.

    this one har?

    is call fogging...

    either your lens dirty, filter dirty, or lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens or filter when weather too cold, etc.

    confirm no filter can help........
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #29

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Err.. how long have you had the lens? It appears that you don't know about lens cleaning. Yes, your UV filter is there to protect your lens, but it too can get dirty, right. A smudged/dirty lens doesn't have a prayer in into-the-light/flare-prone situations. Learn to clean and maintain!

    Also, to clear up your apparent misconception, your Hoya filter WILL NOT reduce the amount of flare compared to a bare lens. The more elements the light has to go through before reaching the sensor/film, the poorer the image quality. Flare is caused by light reflecting between the elements. All other things being equal (they never are of course), the more elements the greater the flare. Adding a filter is like adding an element -- one more source of internal reflections.
    The coatings on the filter (HMC stands for Hoya Multi-Coating) lessen but do not completely eliminate reflections that are CAUSED by the addition of the filter itself.
    Even if you've got a perfectly-clean bare lens, flare may not be totally eliminated - there are some situations that are impossible for any lens. Learn the limitations of your equipment and work around them
    I just bought my lens in mid-end nov'08....ever since have attached that Hoya MC filter / protector on the lens...yeah you are so rite...i know nothing about lens cleaning (very worried will spoilt the lens / filter)...

    Normally if there's hand / finger mark on the filter how do you all clean it??? do you spray the solution / liquid directly to the filter? then use the lens tissue to wipe it? or how??

    What are good cleaning kits?

    If i detach the hoya filter and use the lens plus the hood...will it help?

  10. #30

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I see, thank you.

    this one har?

    is call fogging...

    either your lens dirty, filter dirty, or lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens or filter when weather too cold, etc.

    confirm no filter can help........
    i will try to shot it again without the filter....
    is it possible that my lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens?? its only 1 month old...

    hm..any of you own this lens and how do you shoot at nite? the setting....any filter used?

    but this 17-55mm IS f2.8 is famous for dust sucker??

  11. #31

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by Abun83 View Post
    i will try to shot it again without the filter....
    is it possible that my lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens?? its only 1 month old...

    hm..any of you own this lens and how do you shoot at nite? the setting....any filter used?

    but this 17-55mm IS f2.8 is famous for dust sucker??
    You really are confused.

    What does the age of a lens have to do with condensation? NOTHING!

    What does your condensation issue have to do with dust? NOTHING!
    Alpha

  12. #32
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by Abun83 View Post
    i will try to shot it again without the filter....
    is it possible that my lens fogging (internal) or condensation on lens?? its only 1 month old...

    hm..any of you own this lens and how do you shoot at nite? the setting....any filter used?

    but this 17-55mm IS f2.8 is famous for dust sucker??
    lens fogging is due to aging/deterioration of the coating, you have to wait many many many years for this to happen....

    condensation is due to sudden change of temperature, it is just temporary, wait for awhile it will disappear.

    little bit of dust won't die one! it won't affect images unless it is really really very very very bad, who can tell me which lens is dust free? Don't be so paranoid about dust, else you will just keep the lens in dry cabinet and don't take out liao.

    so now back to your picture, it could be your camera or camera bag place in a aircon room/place, than you just take out the to take this shot, never wait for the condensation on the filter to go away.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #33

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Never fails to amaze mw how many treats their equiment like cuddly gems instead of using it.
    I heard cases like paranoid individuals wanting to zip lock their equiments on boat ride scared kena lens.
    Seriously,wet wet la just wipe loh.
    Altho not 100% fool proof,it's all field tested and alittle water won't kill.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by Abun83 View Post
    I just bought my lens in mid-end nov'08....ever since have attached that Hoya MC filter / protector on the lens...yeah you are so rite...i know nothing about lens cleaning (very worried will spoilt the lens / filter)...

    Normally if there's hand / finger mark on the filter how do you all clean it??? do you spray the solution / liquid directly to the filter? then use the lens tissue to wipe it? or how??

    What are good cleaning kits?

    If i detach the hoya filter and use the lens plus the hood...will it help?

    Get a lenspen.

  15. #35

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    lens fogging is due to aging/deterioration of the coating, you have to wait many many many years for this to happen....

    condensation is due to sudden change of temperature, it is just temporary, wait for awhile it will disappear.

    little bit of dust won't die one! it won't affect images unless it is really really very very very bad, who can tell me which lens is dust free? Don't be so paranoid about dust, else you will just keep the lens in dry cabinet and don't take out liao.

    so now back to your picture, it could be your camera or camera bag place in a aircon room/place, than you just take out the to take this shot, never wait for the condensation on the filter to go away.
    So its quite not possible for my lens to be having this fogging issue...
    my camera is out all day...and when it reached nite time...i shot this below picture :


    maybe it will be clearer for seniors out there to comment now. the EXIF data is intact.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Lens flare problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by Abun83 View Post
    So its quite not possible for my lens to be having this fogging issue...
    my camera is out all day...and when it reached nite time...i shot this below picture :


    maybe it will be clearer for seniors out there to comment now. the EXIF data is intact.
    Dude. Seriously. Read the newbies guide, learn how to link images!



    That looks like motion blur plus flare plus filter reflections plus smudge.
    Alpha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •