Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Markins Q3

  1. #61

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    which is why i said - to each of its own ?
    there is no one tripod for all.

    anyway, seems like a lot of 1541T supporters here.. better make my exit.
    So confuse now......
    Dont know which one to get.....

    Yes, there are many supporter here for GT1541T....

  2. #62

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by axelris View Post
    Hmmm I recently purchased the Q3T together with the 1531T, I chose the 1531T over the 1541T mainly because of the height difference, also i prefer a 3 section, felt it was more stable and faster setup. Although the 1541T compactness is very appealing as well. Just my 2 cents
    bro...
    so meaning you are comparing GT1541 to GT1531...
    and not GT1541T... am I correct...???

    Actually, I'm comparing GT1541T and GT1541....

  3. #63

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    is there such a model as 1531T?



    no. Q3 is just a ballhead with the clamp. you need to get arca-swiss style plates for your camera/lenses in order to mount.

    i think a M20 would be great on a sidekick, at least a M10 but not a Q3.

    Q3 able to support 30kg weight, should that is good enough?
    M20 support 45kg weight......
    can get a plate to mount onto the lens itself. since the 100mm to 500mm lens is huge...

    I'm not too sure.... still very new in tripod and BH........

  4. #64

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Q3 able to support 30kg weight, should that is good enough?
    M20 support 45kg weight......
    can get a plate to mount onto the lens itself. since the 100mm to 500mm lens is huge...

    I'm not too sure.... still very new in tripod and BH........
    do you really think the Q3 can hold up to 30kg?
    you have a Q3 right? are you willing to confirm by hanging 3 sack of 10kg rice on it to see if it droop?

    like you, i used to think that since the Q3 can hold up to 30kg, why do i need other ballheads like the M10/M20?
    first reason is.. i was told that the actual rated weight for Q3 is not 30kg.
    secondly, the size of M10/20 are bigger compared to Q3. therefore better ratio and stability.

  5. #65

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    do you really think the Q3 can hold up to 30kg?
    you have a Q3 right? are you willing to confirm by hanging 3 sack of 10kg rice on it to see if it droop?

    like you, i used to think that since the Q3 can hold up to 30kg, why do i need other ballheads like the M10/M20?
    first reason is.. i was told that the actual rated weight for Q3 is not 30kg.
    secondly, the size of M10/20 are bigger compared to Q3. therefore better ratio and stability.
    I was extremely skeptical of Markins when they claimed their Q3 could hold max load of 30kg, way higher than anyother manufacturers industry standards. If it could hold max 30kg, then it would make the other 2 m10/m20 very much redundant. Misrepresentation doesn't build trust here, IMO. Markins should come out and clarify exactly how do they base their representations on... The heaviest lens plus heaviest camera body plus flash shouldnt even exceed 10kilos, so it would effectively make the M10/20 redundant.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,812

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by gunawan View Post
    I was extremely skeptical of Markins when they claimed their Q3 could hold max load of 30kg, way higher than anyother manufacturers industry standards. If it could hold max 30kg, then it would make the other 2 m10/m20 very much redundant. Misrepresentation doesn't build trust here, IMO. Markins should come out and clarify exactly how do they base their representations on... The heaviest lens plus heaviest camera body plus flash shouldnt even exceed 10kilos, so it would effectively make the M10/20 redundant.
    When you have a super heavy setup on the ballhead, the vibrations increase. That, and the fact that finding and using the 'sweet spot' of the head (so that you don't have to lock it everytime you use it) would be difficult because if you make it just slightly too tight (rotated 5 degrees too much) it'll be too tight, and rotated 5degrees too little, it'll be too slack. That means you'll have a 'workable' sweet spot of less than 10 degrees. On a heavier M10 or M20, the workable sweet spot would be a lot more because the torque will be a lot better controlled.

    Try putting your setup with a 50mm prime, and tapping the ballhead lightly. Notice the camera movement. Then replace the 50 prime for your bigmos 50-500, and tap the ballhead again. You'll see that the camera will shake a lot more.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  7. #67

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    do you really think the Q3 can hold up to 30kg?
    you have a Q3 right? are you willing to confirm by hanging 3 sack of 10kg rice on it to see if it droop?

    like you, i used to think that since the Q3 can hold up to 30kg, why do i need other ballheads like the M10/M20?
    first reason is.. i was told that the actual rated weight for Q3 is not 30kg.
    secondly, the size of M10/20 are bigger compared to Q3. therefore better ratio and stability.
    In this case I have Q's...

    Even your BH able to support up to 30kg or 45kg.
    still your tripod only able to support up to 8kg. (example : GT1541)

    So even you have a BH able to support 45kg or 30kg.
    but still you limited by the tripod load support.

    In this case you have to upgrade to a better tripod able to support 45kg.
    but so far I only saw GITZO tripod only able to support up to 18kg of load.

    in this case... no mattter what kind of BH you have still limited to tripod.
    Am I correct on that??

    Sorry, I still very new.
    I just base on the number from the tripod and BH support weight and come out with this conclusion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •