Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

Thread: Markins Q3

  1. #1

    Default Markins Q3

    Would like wanted to share this BH.

    Just got it this morning.


    Purchased the BH, plate and the Bag is a gift.


    This is how the Markins BH look like

  2. #2

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    very nice.. out of my budget.. but i have plate for it

  3. #3

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    The quick shoe...
    Dont really like the quick shoe as you need to screw to tighten and remove.
    felt is slow while you need to put or remove your camera on the BH quick shoe.
    But once is lock is LOCK ROCK SOLID....



    Before owning this BH, I got a 488RC2...
    Is the feeling is very soild, since is heavy that why is solid..
    but overall Markins is still VERY SOLID and the most important is super light..!!!


  4. #4

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    As you can the see the weight.....Markins Q3 is very light compare to 488RC2




  5. #5

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Fix on to my 190CXPRO3 tripod...





    But looking at it... dont really tell any different...
    after carried it..... I tell you is much lighter compare to 488RC2...
    I think most of us... are aware that 488RC2 BH is very heavy....
    Last edited by Rubber_Duck; 28th December 2008 at 12:33 AM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In the East
    Posts
    444

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    I own one as well...
    As commented, the locking takes a bit of time but once locked... it's locked.
    Can easily hold flash+400D+grip+70-200mm f2.8 IS setup.
    Best of all it's the "sweet spot" feature that really attracts me.
    Canon 400D + 50L - Everyone was once a Noob

  7. #7

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Here is how is look with my DSLR and my most heavy lens....so far these is the 2 lens I owned.

    Using 24-105 lens to test out.....
    Just need to turn 1/2 or 1 with the main ball knob... is lock rock solid....

    And you can use the friction adjust knob to adjust the pressure.
    still able to move to camera around without release the main knob and still able to hold solid and steady.....I'm very impress....!!!!



  8. #8

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    now is my 100mm macro lens...
    I mounted on my lens...

    Still the same not even move a single mm......


    Here is another position with my 100mm macro lens...
    and still ROCK SOLID...!!!



    Overall, this BH is solid and super light weight...
    Been thinking and looking to upgrade to a lightest BH as my current one is super heavy for me....and Markins is a SUPER GOOD.!!!!

    Lastly, I dont like to plate and felt kinda cheap.
    But anyway plate is not the main issue for me now...

    Thanks for viewing.....
    sorry for the poor image...is taken by my PNS....

  9. #9

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    OOOpppppppppssss.........Forgot to abt the plate...

    As you can see the plate is no big deal at all....
    but I actually scratched the coating and wear after fixing and remove from my camera.
    kinda disappointed with the plate...







    After getting this BH.... my hand start to itchy to get a GT1541 tripod....
    Just cant decide with the T or w/o the T
    Last edited by Rubber_Duck; 28th December 2008 at 12:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    153

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Nice review! I've been on a look out for a new ballhead to replace my Manfrotto Proball 308RC. This Markin Q3 is one of my shortlisted ballhead.

    Did you consider other ballhead before the Q3?

    Cheers!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    one last thing i notice abt the bag is as a free gift from Markins...


    The leather part in imprinted...
    Nikonians.org....

  12. #12

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by tky View Post
    Nice review! I've been on a look out for a new ballhead to replace my Manfrotto Proball 308RC. This Markin Q3 is one of my shortlisted ballhead.

    Did you consider other ballhead before the Q3?

    Cheers!
    Thanks..!!!
    Yes, I did..
    I actually shortlisted 3 BH...
    Acratech GV2, RSS BH-40 ballhead with B2 AS II clamp and Markins...

    But overall Markins Q3 is the lightest amount all.
    and there many good review for Markins...
    Last edited by Rubber_Duck; 28th December 2008 at 01:14 AM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by proteonXPR View Post
    very nice.. out of my budget.. but i have plate for it
    Is also out off my budget...
    But anyway i save up for this BH....
    and I felt is a long investment and able to last very long...

    Quote Originally Posted by 2ichigo2 View Post
    I own one as well...
    As commented, the locking takes a bit of time but once locked... it's locked.
    Can easily hold flash+400D+grip+70-200mm f2.8 IS setup.
    Best of all it's the "sweet spot" feature that really attracts me.
    YES YES.!!!
    is really LOCKED..!!!!
    not like 488RC2... still will shift after lock...not LOCKED..

  14. #14

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Congrats!

    I have a M10 for more than a year now and if people ask me what BH to buy, I'll always recommend a Markins because this is one of the best investment in BH.

    If anyone tell me it's too expensive, I'll tell them to save for it rather than buy a lesser BH and find that it's not up to your expectations so you need to upgrade again. A Markins is worth every dollar you pay for it. Period.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Rubber_Duck, now you need just the L-bracket for your setup

    I also own the Q3 but since it was bought locally, there was no free pouch
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

  16. #16
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Congrats!

    I used an M10 for a while and I am so glad I made the choice, that i subsequently bought the Q3 for a lighter setup with my monopod. Lightweight but packs a punch in weightbearing

    Ryan

  17. #17

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Rubber_Duck, now you need just the L-bracket for your setup

    I also own the Q3 but since it was bought locally, there was no free pouch
    I also thinking of getting a L-plate.
    any recomm?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Congrats!

    I used an M10 for a while and I am so glad I made the choice, that i subsequently bought the Q3 for a lighter setup with my monopod. Lightweight but packs a punch in weightbearing

    Ryan
    Thanks..!!!!

    I thinking of getting a GT1541T for this BH..
    and later get a M10.....

  19. #19

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    I also thinking of getting a L-plate.
    any recomm?
    RRS L-plate.. Im contemplating to get it.. Heh..

  20. #20
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Markins Q3

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubber_Duck View Post
    Thanks..!!!
    Yes, I did..
    I actually shortlisted 3 BH...
    Acratech GV2, RSS BH-40 ballhead with B2 AS II clamp and Markins...

    But overall Markins Q3 is the lightest amount all.
    and there many good review for Markins...
    You should consider to put the RRS' B2 AS II clamp together with your Q3 and you won't have to screw/unscrew the plate. You can just flick the clamp with one flick and it is lock tight.

    You might also consider RRS' L-plate but they are expensive IMO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •