18th September 2003, 11:16 AM
Copying and Pasting Emails Wholesale into Threads
Of late, we have noticed an increase in the number of posts that directly copy and paste emails.
We have received complaints on this issue and seek your understanding in refraining from continuing with such actions.
If you wish to share information from the emails, you can (and SHOULD) either:
1) Seek permission from the other party
- get approval from the other party mentioned in the email that you will be making their email (to you) public in the forums for the sake of sharing info.
- indicate that you have obtained permission to do so in your post
2) Rephrase the contents in the email
- basically put the gist of the contents in the email into your post by mentioning that you have received an email from so & so from XXX (company) on your query and their response is XXXXX.
Moderators will be on hand to help monitor the situation and remove any offending posts. However, we'd much rather you not give us the chance to do it.
Thanks for your co-operation in this!