Thread: Xdrive and Ridata CF Cards

Default Xdrive and Ridata CF Cards

Guys,

Wanna get a consensus here...

I have heard that there is some sort of compatibility issues when these two products are made to work together. Has anybody experienced this??

Seems that the Xdrive does not recognize the Ridata card when plugged in, can anybody please give me some sort of feedback (good or bad).

Appreciate it guys!!

Miggs

Default Xdrive and Ridata cards

I've experienced it. I had an X-drive before that would not read my Ridata cards. I had a 256 and 128 MB Ridata, neither worked with the X-drive.

Toasty,

Aiyaa... I was afraid of that...
    So did you find an alternative stroage solution?

Quote Originally Posted by mdorett
    Toasty,

Aiyaa... I was afraid of that...
    So did you find an alternative stroage solution?
    I think the problem was resolved in the X-drive II.

Maybe you can bring your Ridata CFs to EastGear's office In Peninsular to test them out on the X-drive 2 and then transfer them to the PC there to test?

Or you could try the new Teramate which is abt the same price as the X-drive 2.

I have an X-drive which only works with my first Ridata 128MB CF card if the card is not completely inserted into the reader. Basically I have to tap the card gently until it gets recognised by the X-drive. It's quite tricky, sometimes it will take 5 or 6 attempts before the card can be read. However, I tried another newer Ridata 128MB CF card and it worked without any problems. BTW, both cards looked identical in packaging except they were bought about 9 months apart. Updating to the latest firmware did not improved things. In fact, it took longer before the X-drive generate an error.