Thread: Photoshop BRIDE CS HELP

Default Photoshop BRIDE CS HELP

I realised the colour i view on Bridge CS and Canon <Digital Photo Professional> seems way different.

I prefer the colour in the Digital Photo Professional.

The red in bridge seems towards orange. And overall white balance seems to be different from what i shoot.

But i like the way bridge works. Is there any way to match the colour?
    Last edited by akababy; 26th December 2008 at 04:18 PM.

Default Re: Photoshop BRIDE CS HELP

hm... anyone?

i think the colour is different in adobe because of the colour management settings there. not v sure but maybe what you can do is go to settings in photoshop or whatever, and see whether they have the colour profile used on DPP and load that.

just take note that the colour profile on DPP OR photoshop may be inaccurate and the best measure is a calibrator, not which colours you prefer and like better. an inaccurate colour profile can mess things up for you if you decide to print your photos w your printer or at a lab.

and hurhur, photoshop bride.
    Last edited by pfurr; 27th December 2008 at 12:43 PM.

Yes, the colour rendition is a little different, primarily because the photos shot using your Canon camera have the PictureStyle in-camera-processing colour profile embedded in them. Try selecting Neutral or Faithful styles, you should see the colour rendition closer when viewd in DPP and Bridge as these two styles have the least in-camera colour boost in terms of saturation etc.

Lemme know if I'm wrong though... I had this problem quite awhile ago and that was what I remember. :P

BTW, since then, I've never been bothered as 1) I shoot to RAW, 2) rather not have in-camera processing unless JPEG, 3) I use lightroom, which does not recognise your PictureStyle and will render photos as 'it-is' - without in-camera processing.
    Last edited by rendition; 27th December 2008 at 06:43 PM.

Hm..

This problem is more obvious when i shoot in raw. Everytime i use bridge to view my raw file for the first time. I noticed all the pictures tones and brightness changes. Like a parameter has been applied to all the raw file.

So far wat i do is manually retune it back to the colour balance i want.

But its getting troublesome.

Yes, exactly as I mentioned dude. When you shoot to RAW, only DPP can recognise the PictureStyle embedded in the photo, hence the colour rendition. If you open the RAW file elsewhere, it will not recognise the PcitureStyle settings and will render the photo as 'it is'.

JPEG, because it's 'flattened' and processed with in-camera processing, no matter what application you use to open, you'll get the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by akababy View Post
    This problem is more obvious when i shoot in raw. Everytime i use bridge to view my raw file for the first time. I noticed all the pictures tones and brightness changes. Like a parameter has been applied to all the raw file.
    Bridge uses the embedded jpg file for the first preview. These embedded jpg files are processed by your camera out of the RAW and file using the PictureStyle - as mentioned by rendition. Next moment, Bridge will create the real previews using only the RAW data - that's when your PictureStyles seem to disappear suddenly.
    I recommend dropping these picture styles. They are just a couple of presets applied at your images - regardless if they really fit or not. Since you are using Bridge already you can go to next level and do proper post-processing. Have a look at Adobe Lighroom, here you can create presets similar to your PictureStyles but you still have full control when applying them and you still can change all parameters before the jpg file is created.

Quote Originally Posted by rendition View Post
    Yes, exactly as I mentioned dude. When you shoot to RAW, only DPP can recognise the PictureStyle embedded in the photo, hence the colour rendition. If you open the RAW file elsewhere, it will not recognise the PcitureStyle settings and will render the photo as 'it is'.

JPEG, because it's 'flattened' and processed with in-camera processing, no matter what application you use to open, you'll get the same thing.

So this actually means the raw opened in bridge is the "correct one"?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Bridge uses the embedded jpg file for the first preview. These embedded jpg files are processed by your camera out of the RAW and file using the PictureStyle - as mentioned by rendition. Next moment, Bridge will create the real previews using only the RAW data - that's when your PictureStyles seem to disappear suddenly.
    I recommend dropping these picture styles. They are just a couple of presets applied at your images - regardless if they really fit or not. Since you are using Bridge already you can go to next level and do proper post-processing. Have a look at Adobe Lighroom, here you can create presets similar to your PictureStyles but you still have full control when applying them and you still can change all parameters before the jpg file is created.
    Hm.. if like what you say. I believe light room will suits me better. Since most of the raw in DPP i find it colour tone wise to be better. Only certain pictures then i will open it in PS to do some adjustment.

Sorry but to ask what exactly is picture style? Are you guys refering to parameter in my Camera? 350D here.

Quote Originally Posted by akababy View Post
    Sorry but to ask what exactly is picture style? Are you guys refering to parameter in my Camera? 350D here.
    350D? Then no need to worry anymore, 350D doesn't support PictureStyle. Basically it is a set of predefined jpg processing settings (especially colour adjustments) which are more or less typical for certain pictures, e.g. landscape, portrait etc. 400D and above support this feature and you can upload the setting to camera. 350D only supports standard JPG parameter like Saturation, Sharpening etc.
    Then your described mismatch between RAW ad JPG has a different reason - but that advice will still be the same: if you want to adjust everything properly and not "generic average setting" then shoot RAW only and do the rest in PP.

in this case i believe i would stick to using DPP to convert to JPG, And PS to edit those raw that i wanna adjust.

Will go get the lightroom demo and give it a try thou
    350D 17-55mm F2.8, 50mm F1.8, 580mkII