Thread: Film look from digital

Default Film look from digital

Hi all,
    Would like to know how u would post process ur digital images to make it look like film. I know that different images require different amount of processing, but basically what tools do u use from photoshop? Or is there a seperate software or photoshop plugin that does it for u? Thks.
    "If triangles had Gods, they would be three-sided"
    Flickr|

Default Re: Film look from digital

maybe you can give an example of the 'film look' youre trying to achieve?

There is a number of different 'film' feel out there, depending on what sort of feel you're looking for. Do you have a sample for what inspired you? I, myself, am also exploring digital film processing; particularly in velvia, provia, black&white and polaroid.
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

I like polariod, but for that i will wait for poladroid on windows to come out... was thinking more of expired film and velvia
    Flickr|

Quote Originally Posted by EOS Revolution View Post
    I like polariod, but for that i will wait for poladroid on windows to come out... was thinking more of expired film and velvia
    There are presets for Lightroom and AFAIK there are also similar functions for Photoshop: prepared development settings and adjustments to make digital pics look like film.
    Check Adobe Exchange at adobe.com for more. Google also gives a lot of results.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    There are presets for Lightroom and AFAIK there are also similar functions for Photoshop: prepared development settings and adjustments to make digital pics look like film.
    Check Adobe Exchange at adobe.com for more. Google also gives a lot of results.
    Thanks. Found it
    Flickr|

you could also try deviantart for photoshop actions. so far i managed to get cross processed actions.
    or do a google search.

Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    you could also try deviantart for photoshop actions. so far i managed to get cross processed actions.
    or do a google search.
    Thks... was able to find it on photoshop exchange
    Flickr|