Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is slow-sync?

Quote Originally Posted by Kira
    Damn, Why didn't I think of that.....

Hahhahaha, looks like using the ND +4 would be a better ideal....

Hehehhehehehe

what were we thinking man?

thanks all you guys out there!! especially.....drum roll...wacko!!

Quote Originally Posted by showtime
    yep i shoot in A mode...as well as ttl flash... but matric metering...
    but i think no diff as the face is very bright too
    i try to keep the appertures as wide as i can but the F80 will give a high notification... so i have to stop down...thus no blur effect...

my fill flash is used not so much to light up a dark face, but rather to soften the shadows that have been cast by natural lighting...
    I am not sure of how it might work in Manual(flash) but ya, with the SB80(i onli do my shooting in TTL), you still be limited to the x-sync of 1/125, not limited by the flash but by the body of the F80 which does not support High Sync function which the SB80 does have.
    one way to get ard with is to use a low speed film, if you hav already done so, the 2nd way is to use a reflector to fill rather then your flash, it be better and yet, no limit on your "fill" speed, If you ready need to use your flash the 3rd way is to use a ND filter,i.e using a x4 ND would stop down 2 stop (correct me the no, of stop if wrong) thus allowing you to shoot at 1/125 w flash instead of your 1/500.

hope it helps, cheers =p

i'm a cheapo improviser

well, do get a good quality ND filter, will still get true colour rendition. any websites that has reviewed and compared different ND filters?

opps, i suppose someone had already provide a soluion when i take my time to type, anywei congrats and cheers=p

thanks everyone!!!

know wat is slow-sync liao..
    But wat's flash sync?

flash sync is a characteristic of the camera you are using. its the fastest shutter speed possible usable with flash.
    check your camera manual. it will be stated in the specifications.
    this value would vary from 1/90 in low end camera such as nikon F55 to 1/500 on a D1x/h...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12