Thread: win98 users, come on in. help me to do a search.

Default win98 users, come on in. help me to do a search.

do a find on your C drive for 'ikernel' . How many files are you able to locate?

I was trying to install a few games yesterday the 'ikernel' was trying to connect to the internet(by norton internet security). By right install shield should not connect to internet.

Thanks.

Your mentioned "ikernel" is not part of the Win 98 OS system file. According to one of my Win 98 machine, the file belongs to one of the programs installed.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    do a find on your C drive for 'ikernel' . How many files are you able to locate?

I was trying to install a few games yesterday the 'ikernel' was trying to connect to the internet(by norton internet security). By right install shield should not connect to internet.

Thanks.

no no no, i did not say ikernel is not part of win98 os system file.

ikernel is a install shield, without it, you can't install nothing. PRoblem is my install shield is connecting to the internet.

hmm, search microsoft kb and symantec website, seems that I am alone with these problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    no no no, i did not say ikernel is not part of win98 os system file.

ikernel is a install shield, without it, you can't install nothing. PRoblem is my install shield is connecting to the internet.

hmm, search microsoft kb and symantec website, seems that I am alone with these problem.
    dont search those websites. go google and search better. u'll find ppl talking about it.

and get your firewall and block it permanently. it doesnt need to access the internet to work.