Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DBS... are these really the best they can do?

Default Re: DBS... are these really the best they can do?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    citation of source might help, if one wants to make ludicrous statements or what anyone might find seemingly ludicrous..

the thing is, how many people here just spout things blindly, they do not even base it on any information on the net. just postulation in their own mind with a firm belief that they have mastered how and why the world works the way it does.
    Well, everyone seems to be an expert in illusion of knowledge. But I suspect at times some are expert in knowledge of spreading illusion.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Link to explain a definition is no use here.. Wikipedia University and Real World happenings are poles apart.

We always hear when there are losses, we hear words like "our exposure were insignificant", only later to find out what "insignificant" is. Me? I'll probably wait to the last minute and see how their stocks movement are next week before deciding.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Link to explain a definition is no use here.. Wikipedia University and Real World happenings are poles apart.

We always hear when there are losses, we hear words like "our exposure were insignificant", only later to find out what "insignificant" is. Me? I'll probably wait to the last minute and see how their stocks movement are next week before deciding.

../azul123
    the guy wanted to know what a term meant

i suppose the next time someone asks "what is war"

you will ask them to take a trip to zones of conflict

The word war is specific, whereas insignificant and organic growth is open to interpretation.. maybe you already know that. Read somewhere you not 8years old.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    The word war is specific, whereas insignificant and organic growth is open to interpretation.. maybe you already know that. Read somewhere you not 8years old.

../azul123
    it is a well -defined financial term

i am too lazy to find my financial textbook to define it so i used wikipedia. it is after all the most convenient. investopedia, moneyterms, and maybe 8000 wellknown financial sites also define it as such. which brings us to obfuscate's point..

organic growth is financial jargon. and you are as usual, arguing for the sake of arguing. let's also quarrel about what "force" means in physics, when someone asks what it means in his phsyics textbook. the man took it from a financial report. but you can go on.

and i know about half of the world's population would disagree on what "war" means. what is a war? who can define it today? the word war has expanded beyond our mere comprehension. it is amazing that you can claim that war is more well defined than "organic growth" in a financial context. ludicrous!

last post on this matter.
    Last edited by night86mare; 25th December 2008 at 10:57 PM.

how about you, can you think of any?
    If I can, will they be implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    If I can, will they be implemented?
    i would like to see what you think

it always very, very, very easy to open your mouth big and yak away as to how things can be done

when it comes to be in the hot seat, how many people can really make the decisions that are feasible? when you're out of it, it's really so easy to point and laugh and say "i can do it better". worst part is, how many don't actually have any idea what is going on to even pass a decent comment or analysis.. they just found their judgements based on in real life kopitiam conversations, or listen to random people rant online and parrot them.

at least acknowledge this, and have the guts to post what you think. just saying "no good" is hardly good enough for anyone these days. and this is what an online forum of any form should be for. an exchange of ideas, an exchange of basis, not just plain "baseless accusations" like obfuscate puts it. it's easy to claim that one's logic (or rather, lack thereof) is sound when there is no proof of what it is.
    Last edited by night86mare; 26th December 2008 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obfuscate View Post
    It has nothing to do with banks. The TS mentioned two events, retrenchment and raising capital. These events are not restricted to banks, it happens to all listed companies.

the TS never mentioned what he/she felt it was objectionable, just worded them in a way that made it sound as if DBS is doing a bad job. No reasons. After that came baseless remarks.
    I asked, "are there other options". not "are there better options".
    Some how you conclude the original statement implied the bank did a bad job and thats purely your own interpretation.

If you really understand how the banks, then explain the issues they face. But you hestitate to explain but seemed more keen to comment on others so far despite you claim you are in the banking industry.

i would like to see what you think

it always very, very, very easy to open your mouth big and yak away as to how things can be done

when it comes to be in the hot seat, how many people can really make the decisions that are feasible? when you're out of it, it's really so easy to point and laugh and say "i can do it better". worst part is, how many don't actually have any idea what is going on to even pass a decent comment or analysis.. they just found their judgements based on in real life kopitiam conversations, or listen to random people rant online and parrot them.

at least acknowledge this, and have the guts to post what you think. just saying "no good" is hardly good enough for anyone these days. and this is what an online forum of any form should be for. an exchange of ideas, an exchange of basis, not just plain "baseless accusations" like obfuscate puts it. it's easy to claim that one's logic (or rather, lack thereof) is sound when there is no proof of what it is.
    again, i never say 'better options' in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    again, i never say 'better options' in the original post.
    do you really want to go into semnatics?

if there are other options that are not better, then what is the use of considering them?

it is like saying, are there other options other than sitting on a toilet bowl to do business?

of course there are. for example, you can stand on your head and do it, but what is the value of considering it in the first place, if you will end up with your business all over yourself?
    Last edited by night86mare; 26th December 2008 at 12:39 AM.

when's my turn on that hot seat? 1/2 yr will do. i want, u give? lol... if not, no point issuing a challenge.

there is no need go around stoking negative emotions. that sadly, is typical of u. the simple reason ideas can easily be stolen & passed off as 1s own is not worth the risk. ideas are interllectual property, i surely do not want another dude to steal my money making idea (if i have 1). do u? therez a huge diff between bravery & foolishness. i hope u know that diff.

some things wait for proof, too late. sometimes when there is concrete evidence, death is already at ur door-step!

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    when's my turn on that hot seat? 1/2 yr will do. i want, u give? lol... if not, no point issuing a challenge.
    what makes you think that you are justified to be in the hot seat? posting in kopitiam makes you a master of the world? i suppose it does for certain people.. the massive leeway to make unsubstantiated comments that they perceive to be immune from criticism "because this is my view and i am expressing it".. best of all the comments, when one thinks about it, is hot air, i.e. nothing said, nothing done.. just parroting or creating trouble.

i am not issuing any challenges. i am just saying that if one wants to criticise, by all means; but if you have no exhibition of knowledge behind why you are criticising, then spare us. there are better things to do with your life than to be pretentious of knowledge.

typical of me to stoke negative emotions? be very careful of what you say. if you only make posts on my posts because you perceive this, since i have no such starting point in mind, i will take all subsequent posts as personal attacks.

the first step to knowledge is admitting that one knows nothing. i do it all the time.
    Last edited by night86mare; 26th December 2008 at 01:49 AM.

what makes you think that you are justified to be in the hot seat? posting in kopitiam makes you a master of the world? i suppose it does for certain people.. the massive leeway to make unsubstantiated comments that they perceive to be immune from criticism "because this is my view and i am expressing it".. best of all the comments, when one thinks about it, is hot air, i.e. nothing said, nothing done.. just parroting or creating trouble.

i am not issuing any challenges. i am just saying that if one wants to criticise, by all means; but if you have no exhibition of knowledge behind why you are criticising, then spare us. there are better things to do with your life than to be pretentious of knowledge.

typical of me to stoke negative emotions? be very careful of what you say. if you only make posts on my posts because you perceive this, since i have no such starting point in mind, i will take all subsequent posts as personal attacks.

the first step to knowledge is admitting that one knows nothing. i do it all the time.
    who are u to judge anyway? who is blowing hot air? there people who are just ranting about others ranting with no interest in engaging others in a dialogue. as for issuing challenges i'll just let others decide, since it can be a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovedo View Post
    DBS mentioned in its press release that
    organic growth remains a priority and the capital raising is not intended
    for any merger and acquisition activity or extraordinary provisions.

Can anyone enlighten me on what does DBS mean by organic growth? what is organic growth?

TIA
    There'll be more pot plants in all their branches?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    There'll be more pot plants in all their branches?

u can become comedy scriptwriter liao

if there are other options that are not better, then what is the use of considering them?
    Real life cases usually do not have a clear cut and conclude they are better or worse, hence i say 'option'. e.g. you can go from SGP to KL in different ways, self-drive, coach, flight. Can you claim one is better than the other? If you can, its based on your viewpoint and does not represent everyone's view.

Anyway this thread is not going anywhere as people are more interested in sinking teeth in each other than the topic itself. I am closing this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123