Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 183

Thread: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    positive - fengshui
    negative - feng suay


  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Emergency management doesn't appear to be one of Singapore's forte, I guess because there have been so few occasions where they get real life practise and experience.
    I believe the problem is more the "don't care" attitude and profit-centeredness. E.g., it is a very common sight here that emergency escape paths are locked or blocked, and that doesn't get fixed even when it is pointed out to the person in-charge. In the course of my work, I also hear horror stories about the (lack of) basic lab safety (and covering up of serious accidents) in various education/research places.

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jurong West
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Hooray ! Lets see if anyone managed to get good pics
    My Flickr Canon 40D 18-55/50mm F1.8/100mm Macro F2.8 USM

  4. #44

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    I'm not sure I can pin-point any one cause or root-cause of the problem, because so many details are 'top secret' at decision making level, but short-comings become apparent only when something goes wrong.

    As for unsafe practices ... I have seen more than my fair share, and I even know of people who have walked away from their careers because they believed in not continuing to be part of an unsafe system that was centered around profit making at the cost of safety.

    I guess, sometime, we really do need the whistle blowers in life, and not just for self-serving motives.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by junniee View Post
    sianz.. those wan go toilet how.. pee out of the window ... rainn!!
    Those who got diarrhoea how? Aim where? Its barely two years and already cannot fix the problem

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I'm not sure I can pin-point any one cause or root-cause of the problem, because so many details are 'top secret' at decision making level, but short-comings become apparent only when something goes wrong.

    As for unsafe practices ... I have seen more than my fair share, and I even know of people who have walked away from their careers because they believed in not continuing to be part of an unsafe system that was centered around profit making at the cost of safety.

    I guess, sometime, we really do need the whistle blowers in life, and not just for self-serving motives.
    its those with high stakes that will make sure the whistle blowers get ! thatz self serving (cover backside) motive!

  7. #47

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    6 hours!!!!

    I would have peed in one corner already...



    That's it... I am never going on it. Cannot take that risk.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    thanks for correcting my sub-standard english.

    people do go ahead stuanchly with plans cos of ego. work it does but i wonder if now is really too early it failed to work.
    ?

    wasn't a correction.. i got what you mean.

    was just saying that there are different definitions of feasibility. there is like vaguely feasible, and there is more concretely feasible. if you get what i mean..

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by lincolnchan View Post
    6 hours!!!!

    I would have peed in one corner already...


    That's it... I am never going on it. Cannot take that risk.


    not in the name of my precious kidneys!!

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    wasn't a correction.. i got what you mean.

    was just saying that there are different definitions of feasibility. there is like vaguely feasible, and there is more concretely feasible. if you get what i mean..
    ah, yes. i think...

    i think there's a bug in their programme, wonder if there's an update online.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    pity the cleaners who have to go in and clean whatever is left behind in the capsules

  12. #52
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by toffeespin View Post
    pity the cleaners who have to go in and clean whatever is left behind in the capsules
    Bio-Hazard Materials? heheh

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Heng it didnt happen last week when my whole family of 17 persons took a ride.

    Next time anyone going up there must bring their own potty.

  14. #54
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Fortunately, this was not a terrorist attack.

    Where is the rescue plan by Singapore Flyer and it seems that the SCDF were unsuccessful to rescue the top deck.

    Looks like we've to do a cable car rescue by the RSAF and commandos for the top deck.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
    Normal days, $29.50 for a 30mins ride.

    Today, $29.50 for a 6hrs ride, and still going.
    Woah, darn good deal. Provided they provide diapers to everyone and water and food ?
    Snap ?

  16. #56

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by toffeespin View Post
    pity the cleaners who have to go in and clean whatever is left behind in the capsules
    OMG!
    Snap ?

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Heng it didnt happen last week when my whole family of 17 persons took a ride.

    Next time anyone going up there must bring their own potty.
    still, u need curtains for privacy ler.

  18. #58
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    They didn't think of a rescue plan when they built the flyer?

  19. #59

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    "THINK" ?????

    Think is wat wan ah?

    Where learn ah?

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Singapore Flyer stuck since this afternoon (now 9:05pm)

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    Fortunately, this was not a terrorist attack.

    Where is the rescue plan by Singapore Flyer and it seems that the SCDF were unsuccessful to rescue the top deck.

    Looks like we've to do a cable car rescue by the RSAF and commandos for the top deck.
    Isn't the ferris wheel a private enterprise? It would be their responsibility to have procedures and necessary equipment in place instead of just passing the buck to SCDF.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •