Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,436

    Default Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

    Hi, I am experiencing some problems with filezilla FTP 3.1.6

    Does anyone have the same problem? I cant seem to upload to the designated server.

    Are there any other recommended FTP Softwares?

    Thanks!
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

  2. #2
    Deregistered satan_18349's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    hell 極樂世&
    Posts
    1,498

    Default Re: Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

    Cute FTP has been working quite good for me from xp to vista.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

    coreftp's quite good too. and free.

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

    Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    Hi, I am experiencing some problems with filezilla FTP 3.1.6
    Does anyone have the same problem? I cant seem to upload to the designated server.
    it would be helpful if you could specify the problem a bit more. Also, if you suspect a bug then there is a bug-tracking list for all open source software.
    What exactly is the problem? What is the error message? What settings have you used? What have you tried so far to solve the problem?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,436

    Default Re: Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

    Quote Originally Posted by satan_18349 View Post
    Cute FTP has been working quite good for me from xp to vista.
    Ok. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    coreftp's quite good too. and free.
    Oh. Thanks. I shall try it then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    it would be helpful if you could specify the problem a bit more. Also, if you suspect a bug then there is a bug-tracking list for all open source software.
    What exactly is the problem? What is the error message? What settings have you used? What have you tried so far to solve the problem?
    Difficulty in uploading. I tried to go to their forums but there is no available. Tried to google for troubleshooting but did not find any. Not a IT person. Trying to learn.

    The connection just drops off each time. No error Msg.

    Settings is 'Passive', recommended by Stock Photo Websites.

    Thanks.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

    Quote Originally Posted by JacePhoto View Post
    Hi, I am experiencing some problems with filezilla FTP 3.1.6

    Does anyone have the same problem? I cant seem to upload to the designated server.

    Are there any other recommended FTP Softwares?

    Thanks!
    Are you able to connect or totally cannot connect at all? You can use the site manage to add
    the ftp site. The passive and active mode can be found at the Transfer Setting.

    If worst come to worst, you can use IE. just use ftp:// instead of http://


    Cheers

  7. #7
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

    FileZilla has a log window. Check there about the messages that are created during connect. You'll see the connection attempts and what happens then. Maybe you can post the lines from last connection attempt here?
    Also, verify that you use the right parameters (server address, port, transfer mode, user name / password).

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,436

    Default Re: Advice need on FTP Filezilla 3.1.6

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    coreftp's quite good too. and free.
    Thanks. Trying out Core FTP now. So far no problems. Thanks for the recommendation.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoDog View Post
    Are you able to connect or totally cannot connect at all? You can use the site manage to add
    the ftp site. The passive and active mode can be found at the Transfer Setting.

    If worst come to worst, you can use IE. just use ftp:// instead of http://


    Cheers
    Hi pfurr,

    Can connect but files cannot upload. Will try again later and see how. Thanks for yr help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    FileZilla has a log window. Check there about the messages that are created during connect. You'll see the connection attempts and what happens then. Maybe you can post the lines from last connection attempt here?
    Also, verify that you use the right parameters (server address, port, transfer mode, user name / password).

    Thanks mate. Will try filezilla again and post the error message here. Appreciate yr help.
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •