Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Flash Light

  1. #1

    Default Flash Light

    Hi Guys,

    Just curious what is the average life span for a modern electronic flash? anyone like to share?

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Flash Light

    Quote Originally Posted by baolong View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Just curious what is the average life span for a modern electronic flash? anyone like to share?
    depends on what made and model, I have a couples of Metz hummer flash units more than 10 to 15 years old still function perfectly.

    a few Nikon flash units SB28 and SB80 also working fine after a few years, sold off to upgrade to SB800.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Flash Light

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    depends on what made and model, I have a couples of Metz hummer flash units more than 10 to 15 years old still function perfectly.

    a few Nikon flash units SB28 and SB80 also working fine after a few years, sold off to upgrade to SB800.
    so...i assume none of your flashes have failed you before?

  4. #4
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Flash Light

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    so...i assume none of your flashes have failed you before?
    yes, I blown the flash tube of a five month old SB800 before. and every few months I send my flash units for general servicing, parts replacing etc..

    TS is asking how long till a flash go RIP, but all my flash units are still kicking leh..
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Flash Light

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    yes, I blown the flash tube of a five month old SB800 before. and every few months I send my flash units for general servicing, parts replacing etc..

    TS is asking how long till a flash go RIP, but all my flash units are still kicking leh..
    oic

    I guess it's kind of a 'luck' thing

  6. #6

    Default Re: Flash Light

    wow, 10 to 15 years for flash units, that is very long time..... probably you already upgrade a few camera bodies laio....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •