World Unity so to say or is it just a wishful dream for humankind?
Do we need a world theology to guide us toward unity so that we live in harmony, prosperity and happiness?
Following are just some pointers for considerations:
1. Complete understanding of faiths and its traditions.
2. Common theme and contrasting position on similar topics.
3. Deeper understanding of the topic from various resources rather than from one single tradition.
4. Contributions to humankind's understanding of truth which transcends any particular expression.
5. Finding common teachings and common attitudes towards life, death, and ultimate ends.
6. Ability to promote tolerance of, and respect for, other faiths.
7. Finding peaceful solutions to disputes which might otherwise degenerate into dangerous fighting and conflict.
8. To overcome the sterile, materialist outlooks and philosophies of our present day.
9. To rediscover the spiritual foundations of values and traditional spiritual wisdom found in all faiths.
Caution: This is not a discussion on religions or one's belief for this will violates CS rules and moderators will just wind this up too soon.
Since the world is always not at peace, is there something man can do to live more peacefully and happily?