Thread: GST collections...

Default GST collections...

According to MR Lim of the LTA, 1.5% GST = 1.2 Billion dollars. so the gov't collect about 5.6 billion dollars in GST a year.....

WOW!

I need to pay more attention to the budget statement in the coming year.

Default Re: GST collections...

I find his answers as posted in Today's paper a little weird... the question asked was if transport cost could be lowered, he answered as though the question is for free transport... what kind of answer is that?

OIL prices have come down, so why not public transport fares? And with the rocky economic road ahead, would any potential fare increase next year be frozen — or indeed, could the Government help subsidise commuters? MacPherson residents voiced what was on some Singaporeans’ minds when they raised these questions with Transport Minister Raymond Lim yesterday.

On the issue of public transport subsidies, Mr Lim pointed to the unwelcome load this would place on taxpayers. “You know how much it costs to run the bus and train system (for) one year? About $1.2 billion just to get the buses and the trains out,” he said.

“The money still must come from somewhere right? It is about 1.5-percentage-point increase of your GST (Goods and Services Tax). Now it is 7 per cent; you want your public transport to be free, you want your GST to go up to 8.5 per cent?”
    ../azul123

From what i see the buses gets bigger but few seats. Worse few hand holds and bar for many who shall be standing.

Mrt fewer seats, no prob but few hand holds and bars for the many who shall be standing. Also trainer operators should know to slow down when negotiating curves or sharper areas along the train tracks. Everytime speed thru the arrchs commuters in the train (worse insufficient bars to hoild) rock harder than the roll man.

Lasttime increase price say oil go up, now oil go down must suto decrease giv what supid reason 40% increase? We want statistics no just pure words and claim why 40%. upgrade what silly aircon bus terminal and buses with less sit no 2 carriage trailer somemore no wonder have to raise fair every now and then...and hey we didn't ask for these asspensive silly upgrades either, did we?

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    I find his answers as posted in Today's paper a little weird... the question asked was if transport cost could be lowered, he answered as though the question is for free transport... what kind of answer is that?

../azul123
    he din realize he went OT?!

thatz a big problem, this miscommunication thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by liarliar View Post
    From what i see the buses gets bigger but few seats. Worse few hand holds and bar for many who shall be standing.

Mrt fewer seats, no prob but few hand holds and bars for the many who shall be standing. Also trainer operators should know to slow down when negotiating curves or sharper areas along the train tracks. Everytime speed thru the arrchs commuters in the train (worse insufficient bars to hoild) rock harder than the roll man.

Lasttime increase price say oil go up, now oil go down must suto decrease giv what supid reason 40% increase? We want statistics no just pure words and claim why 40%. upgrade what silly aircon bus terminal and buses with less sit no 2 carriage trailer somemore no wonder have to raise fair every now and then...and hey we didn't ask for these asspensive silly upgrades either, did we?
    More space, less income. U can expect price to go up!

Anyway, they are removing some seats to allow more standing rooms.. price should come down.

U must also know who the CEO ....!

Come to think of it. I think GST is fairer way to collect tax.

Best no tax.. then no policemen, no road, no school, no teachers, no no no no so.. no and no...

Smile Re: GST collections...

Mr Raymond Lim is not from lta, he is the transport minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    According to MR Lim of the LTA, 1.5% GST = 1.2 Billion dollars. so the gov't collect about 5.6 billion dollars in GST a year.....

WOW!

I need to pay more attention to the budget statement in the coming year.