I'll be taking group (about 50-plus) photographs tomorrow and I need your advice.
I know I can either do this:
Use EOS 30 + Fujicolor 100
1. Get to use RC-1 Wireless Remote where I don't have to run to and fro.
2. Cheaper to develop multiple prints
1. I'll probably have to leave the tweaking to the Lab people
2. I'll be running up and down with the cabled remote
3. I still have the funny feeling that the shots may not be proper exposed or I'll get exposures where some may not have posed appropriately, i.e. closed eyes, looking away from camera and such which I can only find out once they are developed.
Use EOS 10D + Raw
1. I get to preview the shots
2. I can tweak them in photoshop
1. Slightly more expensive per print (not really a big deal)
2. Eventhough my monitor is calibrated with Spyder (I calibrate it once every two weeks) I haven't put it to the test yet, i.e. sending them to the lab. It's been said the advantage of having a properly calibrated monitor can help to ensure whatever we see on our screen will be close to the ones we get from the labs if they use a similar ICC profile.
Please advise and TIA!