Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (32) Buang manCircle, Buang Buang!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (32) Buang manCircle, Buang Bua

RAFA DEFENDS FERGUSON OUTBURST

Posted 11/01/09 13:41

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will stand firm should the Football Association decide to look into his controversial remarks about Sir Alex Ferguson.

Benitez alleged in his Friday pre-match press briefing the Manchester United boss had no respect for referees but was never punished.

He also took issue with Ferguson about what he saw as complaints from the Scot about the way the fixtures had been compiled.

Benitez then added fuel to the fire by maintaining his attack on Ferguson in the wake of the 0-0 draw against Stoke and told him to stop talking about Liverpool.

He remains convinced he is right to speak out.

Benitez said: "I do not have to justify anything. I was looking for some facts that everyone knows but no-one wants to say.

"I have a lot of respect for him because he is a great manager but he was talking too much about Liverpool so he has to stop.

"He started talking a long time ago. It won't have the same effect on me because if he talks too much and too quickly then I won't understand so I will be happy."

The spotlight is firmly on Liverpool following Benitez's outburst and whether they can clinch their first title in 19 years.

However he believes he has the players to cope in the crucial weeks ahead.

"I do not think there is extra pressure on us," he told the BBC. "When you are top of the table, you want to win. That is how you approach every game."

The Barclays Premier League leaders gave a lacklustre display at the Britannia Stadium in front of a partisan crowd but they almost secured a victory in the last five minutes.

Steven Gerrard saw his free-kick rattle the bar and a shot come back off the post, following a flick-on from Fernando Torres.

Benitez opted to start with Torres on the bench, even though the striker marked his comeback from a hamstring injury with a goal in the FA Cup victory against Preston.

Benitez said: "He is improving but we knew it would be difficult for him in this match as it would be very physical. We needed to protect him.

"These kinds of games are difficult against a team that is working hard and getting players behind the ball.

"It is not easy to find space and create too many opportunities. But it is one more point, we are still at the top of the table and in a fantastic position."

Stoke, who have made an inquiry about Sheffield United striker James Beattie in a bid to beat relegation, claimed a moral victory.

Rory Delap and Dave Kitson both squandered good chances but manager Tony Pulis took a number of positives from the performance, not least of all the display of Matthew Etherington on his debut.

Etherington arrived in midweek from West Ham and gave Stoke a welcome outlet on the left flank.

Pulis said: "I thought he did really well as he has not played many games recently.

"His fitness is not yet at the correct level but he is a threat. He creates spaces for other people and we've needed that all season."

Etherington said: "We deserved at least the point. They didn't create a lot and we had the better chances.

"I've seen more than enough to think we'll stay up. Teams don't like coming to Stoke. The fans here are unbelievable and it's something special to hear them."
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (32) Buang manCircle, Buang Bua

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    hotcakes buang to a last min goal.

let's see which club will harry rednap and defoe join when they get relegated

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post

mercenaries!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post

Pool?

mercenaries!
    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Pool?

more likely ManUre

Deregistered

As USUAL , i see Giggys talking and whispering to the referee.

borrringggggggg. Lonado dive, ballack dive . . sian 1/2 .

go koon better.
    Last edited by domdomino; 12th January 2009 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    As USUAL , i see Giggys talking and whispering to the referee.

borrringggggggg. Lonado dive, ballack dive . . sian 1/2 .

go koon better.
    Mind games wif ref!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Mind games wif ref!
    seems like mancircle wayang and kelong won the game!

By crushing Chelsea. Man U are snapping at Liverpool's heels for the lead of the Premiership...

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    By crushing Chelsea. Man U are snapping at Liverpool's heels for the lead of the Premiership...
    ya lor...

I think Rafa is spot-on on his speech abt Fergie... Everyone knows it but keept quiet.. at least Rafa has the b@lls to say it!

On a lighter note, Carra shares with us some interesting info on liverpool squad

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/featu...90111-0940.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    I think Rafa is spot-on on his speech abt Fergie... Everyone knows it but keept quiet.. at least Rafa has the b@lls to say it!

On a lighter note, Carra shares with us some interesting info on liverpool squad

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/featu...90111-0940.htm

Deregistered

LOL!

worst dress - kite
    worst Hair - kite

worst music - Babel with his rap songs.

worst footballer: Pennant.... but then he dont even have a kick in the 1st place! lol

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    worst footballer: Pennant.... but then he dont even have a kick in the 1st place! lol
    not dirtykite too? tot he shud make a clean sweep of the awards! hohoho!

LEE URGES LIVERPOOL FOCUS

By Jim van Wijk, PA Sport

Assistant boss Sammy Lee maintains Premier League leaders Liverpool must not start listening to the doom mongers by looking anxiously over their shoulders at Manchester United.

By the time manager Rafael Benitez returns to work following a third operation on his troublesome kidney stone complaint ahead of the league and FA Cup double-header against Merseyside rivals Everton, the Reds could well have been knocked off the top of the table should, as expected, a resurgent United win both of their games in hand.

While the pundits may already be predicting the downfall of the Anfield club - who last won the English championship in 1990, Lee insists the team must just focus on their own performances rather than worry about what may happen or is being claimed elsewhere.

"A lot of pundits have said there's only one team that can win the league - and I don't buy into that, either. You can't rule teams out in January," Lee told the club's official website.

"We can't keep looking over our shoulders. We have got to do what we have got to do."

There was, though, little hiding the disappointment following Liverpool's goalless draw on Stoke, which allowed United to close the gap on them to five points after they thumped Chelsea 3-0 at Old Trafford.

Lee said: "That is the measure of this team at the moment - that we go away from home and get a point in the Premier League and we are disappointed.

"We go for all three points, but we have to take the positives. The game did not transpire how we would have liked - we had control and we lost it.

"But the positives, for me, were that we got a point and we did not concede from the many, many set pieces that they had."

Benitez, 48, has watched Liverpool from the directors' box since his last operation in December.

The Spaniard, who is close to agreeing a new deal, will, according to Lee, be eager to return to his hands-on role as soon as possible.

"It is a difficult time for him because all he wants to do is be out there on the training pitch with his players, but he is still buoyant," said Lee.

"He is going for the third operation, but we are hoping it won't keep him out for too long - hopefully just a couple of days."

Lee added: "All credit to Rafa for what he's put in place. His attention to detail and organisation means that, if any one of us is missing, there won't be a blip."

Striker Fernando Torres, meanwhile, is eager to get the chance to sink Merseyside rivals Everton twice in a week.

The Reds are next in Premier League action on Monday night, before the Toffees make the short journey across Stanley Park again in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

Torres has hit three goals in two games against Everton, and after coming off the bench in recent matches as he regains full match fitness, the Spaniard has set his sights firmly on inflicting more derby misery.

"You can feel the excitement of the fans the day before the game," he said in the Liverpool Echo.

"Before the last one I had people coming up to me telling me 'you have to win, you have to win' and 'you have to score'.

"I had never scored a goal in a derby game before I came to this country so to get three in two games against Everton and to win both of them is fantastic.

"I hope to play against Everton again this time and I hope to be able to score again."

Go Liverpool Go!!!
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Reds' Agger set to join AC Milan - report

By Soccernet staff

January 15, 2009

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is set for a move to AC Milan if reports in Denmark are to be believed.

The Danish international defender has failed to recover his first-team place after missing the entire 2007-8 season with a foot injury. Agger has been reportedly unhappy with the lack of opportunities and the lack of a new contract.

Despite injury to Martin Skrtel, Agger has made just nine appearances for Liverpool.

The Daily Mail reported on Thursday that his agent that his representative Per Steffensen met San Siro sporting director Ariedo Braida and Italian agent Rino Foschi for lunch in Milan this week.

Danish website Tipsbladet says that the Rossoneri wanted the defender, who starred for the Reds in their run to the 2007 Champions League Final they lost to Milan, as a replacement for Alessandro Nesta, on whom injuries have taken their toll.

Tipsbladet reports that a fee of 60 million kroner, around 7.5m, has been agreed.

Deregistered

By Soccernet staff

January 15, 2009

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is set for a move to AC Milan if reports in Denmark are to be believed.

The Danish international defender has failed to recover his first-team place after missing the entire 2007-8 season with a foot injury. Agger has been reportedly unhappy with the lack of opportunities and the lack of a new contract.

Despite injury to Martin Skrtel, Agger has made just nine appearances for Liverpool.

The Daily Mail reported on Thursday that his agent that his representative Per Steffensen met San Siro sporting director Ariedo Braida and Italian agent Rino Foschi for lunch in Milan this week.

Danish website Tipsbladet says that the Rossoneri wanted the defender, who starred for the Reds in their run to the 2007 Champions League Final they lost to Milan, as a replacement for Alessandro Nesta, on whom injuries have taken their toll.

Tipsbladet reports that a fee of 60 million kroner, around 7.5m, has been agreed.
    HUAT AH! ! bye agger. i also sold you off on FM 09.

i this morning was watching the match LFC vs Alt.Madrid @ Anfield ChampionsLeague and chances of scoring were given to him , but he fail to do so . and now he is blaming LFC for not giving him chances?

wake up ur idea..