Thread: Pirated CD shop

Default Pirated CD shop

i was walking through Bedok a few weeks back when i came across a pirated software shop. At the front of the shop, above the cashier, was a sign that had something to the effect of "shoplifters will be handed over to police and persecuted".

Frankly, i was quite amused. i did a (very) casual check with a lawyer friend. Yep, he said, they can persecute a shoplifter, though practically, they would be nuts to so do, bcoz to sue a shoplifter, one must produce the stolen item as official exhibit.

1. Does stealing stolen goods constitute an offence? Just want to verify this.

2. Does anyone know of a pirated CD shop who actually called the police (i mean for shoplifting)?

1.) Of course, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

2.) I think their "police" is their mafia gang, you know, bring you into dark alley and teach you some manners...

1. Stolen good or not... stealing in the first place is an offence... BUT, is stealing your best buddy girlfriend an offence..?

2. Why would a shop selling pirated stuffs want themselves to be identified by the authorities?

Anyway, ST1100.. very observant of you to notice that signange

think the sign should have read "Shoplifters will be beaten up".

the product is just a few dollars and its affordable for the fellow singapore citizens. who wants to steal man.