Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Editing Software

  1. #1

    Default Editing Software

    Which software is better for correcting vignetting, chromatic etc... under RAW and Jpeg? Hopefully it is not a memory intensive program as my old computer got only 1gb ram...

  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Editing Software

    Most software needs CPU power. All editing is just 2D graphics so unless you use Photoshop CS4 and some specific graphics cards your CPU determines the overall performance. 1GB RAM should be enough. Check for background jobs in your system which are not necessary. Most systems are "polluted" over the time with such hidden 'hand brakes'.
    Programs that offer lens corrections: Lightroom, Photoshop (by Adobe, you can get 30 days trial versions) and DxO. Have a look and see what's better for you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Editing Software

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Programs that offer lens corrections: Lightroom, Photoshop (by Adobe, you can get 30 days trial versions) and DxO. Have a look and see what's better for you.
    Sorry... does Lightroom offer lens corrections? I didn't seem to be able to find it.....

  4. #4
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: Editing Software

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Sorry... does Lightroom offer lens corrections? I didn't seem to be able to find it.....
    Development module, right hand panel, scroll down. In "Detail" you can correct Chromatic Aberrations. In "vignettes" you can correct or create vignetting. Lens distortions cannot be corrected (yet).. maybe in future.
    Last edited by Octarine; 25th December 2008 at 11:46 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,209

    Default Re: Editing Software

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Development module, right hand panel, scroll down. In "Detail" you can correct Chromatic Aberrations. In "vignettes" you can correct or create vignetting. Lens distortions cannot be corrected (yet).. maybe in future.
    Thanks... look like PTlens is still my best bet now... trying to see if I can find an alt solution.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •