Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Canon Flash with Nikon D90?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    109

    Default Canon Flash with Nikon D90?

    Hi all,

    My friend gave me a Canon speedlite 380EX. Was wondering can it work with my D90? Anything I should be careful using another brand flash? Sorry for this newbie question.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Canon Flash with Nikon D90?

    It should, but you won't get the metering; the flash might always shoot at full strength, so you will need to manually adjust the flash output.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Canon Flash with Nikon D90?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    It should, but you won't get the metering; the flash might always shoot at full strength, so you will need to manually adjust the flash output.
    Sorry but why won't it get the metering? is it bcos it's not built for Nikon?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,210

    Default Re: Canon Flash with Nikon D90?

    Quote Originally Posted by alv777 View Post
    Sorry but why won't it get the metering? is it bcos it's not built for Nikon?
    No TTL..... only can shoot manual....

  5. #5

    Default Re: Canon Flash with Nikon D90?

    You willing to trade your Canon 380EX with a Nikon SB-27 flash? Sms me at 97368284 if you are ok with it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Canon Flash with Nikon D90?

    Quote Originally Posted by alv777 View Post
    Hi all,

    My friend gave me a Canon speedlite 380EX. Was wondering can it work with my D90? Anything I should be careful using another brand flash? Sorry for this newbie question.
    No... only in manual.

    And yes, there may be different triggering voltages which may damage camera or flash.

    Would advise that you sell off this Canon flash and acquire a proper Nikon flash.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: Canon Flash with Nikon D90?

    Yup! Sell your Canon Speedlite and use the money plus abit of your own to get a Nikon Speedlight. =) That way, you have nothing to worry about compatibility issues.
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •