Thread: Where to get cheap wire fencing?

Default Where to get cheap wire fencing?

I just need a wire fencing or grill to put at my balcony...
    My balcony has metal grills but the gaps are quite big... so i would like to block it up with smaller-spaced fencing or grill... no need to be very thick or heavy duty.
    Around 2.5m long, 50-70cm wide.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Default Re: Where to get cheap wire fencing?

Go to any company, factory iof school ... bring along a wire cutter ... choose the nicest looking section ...

Hmm ... I guess those industrial estates should have. Look up wire fencing, fences fence materials in the Commercial and Industrial guide or search online.

just go get wire mesh... can get that size in roll form, just go to jalan besar area, along the street towards sim lim tower, before the carpark there is a few shops selling it there along the main road.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

there are nylon type of wire mesh, in white, black or green color, you can see them selling at HomeFix and DIY stores, see if this type suitable for you.
    to secure them, just use cable tie.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    there are nylon type of wire mesh, in white, black or green color, you can see them selling at HomeFix and DIY stores, see if this type suitable for you.
    Yup, using these for my main door to prevent my puppy for leaving the house.. they come in many colours to match too..

plastic types some pet shops oso have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Go to any company, factory iof school ... bring along a wire cutter ... choose the nicest looking section ...

I guess I should have been clear... I don't intend to squat in prison just to get wire mesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    just go get wire mesh... can get that size in roll form, just go to jalan besar area, along the street towards sim lim tower, before the carpark there is a few shops selling it there along the main road.
    Ohhh, thanks.... this sounds good... the shops are on ground floor?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by viix View Post
    Yup, using these for my main door to prevent my puppy for leaving the house.. they come in many colours to match too..
    This type sounds good but HomeFix sounds ex...
    viix, do you remember how much they cost?
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

The homefix ones are seen in some per shops too. So I guess it's a better idea. Cost depends on the size of the mesh and dimension you wish to purchase. There are also quite a few different mesh sizes as well...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Homefix one can range from less than $10 to about $30 I think. Think as long (high) as 2m.

Quote Originally Posted by mrleech View Post
    Homefix one can range from less than $10 to about $30 I think. Think as long (high) as 2m.
    Oh thanks... the cost sounds quite alright... will check out all of these places...