Default Re: Ip Man is a good movie !

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    walao! spoiler!
    i not yet watch the movie leh...

so says master quack!

will there be a dvd for this movie?

IP Man is pronunce as Eep for IP Mun is for Man actually is in canto. Chinese is 葉問.

For those who like kung fu show this is a nice one kung fu is good down to earth not so kua zhang Real Master! really like the yong chun fist! was hoping for a more better ending like what happen after he went to HongKong how Bruce Lee become his student! Ending only says he went to Hongkong bo liao

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    IP Man is pronunce as Eep for IP Mun is for Man actually is in canto. Chinese is 葉問.

For those who like kung fu show this is a nice one kung fu is good down to earth not so kua zhang Real Master! really like the yong chun fist! was hoping for a more better ending like what happen after he went to HongKong how Bruce Lee become his student! Ending only says he went to Hongkong bo liao
    There was supposed to be another movie on Ip Man with Tony Leung playing him.
    Leung is not really an kungfu guy, wonder how it will fare vs Donnie Yan's.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    There was supposed to be another movie on Ip Man with Tony Leung playing him.
    Leung is not really an kungfu guy, wonder how it will fare vs Donnie Yan's.
    Ya...but it is not being decided, suppose to be his lifetime story. Tony it will be interesting to see how he act as a kungfu master!

Ah Donnie Yen. He's really an action star.Liked all his movies -Dragon Tiger Gate,SPL(Sa Por Lang) with Samo Hung,Hero with Jet Li now IP Man.Will be watching this one.

He was also the choreographer for action scenes in Blade II and had a small role in the movie got killed off early though.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Ah Donnie Yen. He's really an action star.Liked all his movies -Dragon Tiger Gate,SPL(Sa Por Lang) with Samo Hung,Hero with Jet Li now IP Man.Will be watching this one.

He was also the choreographer for action scenes in Blade II and had a small role in the movie got killed off early though.
    You will see a different Donnie this time round, how different? got to see for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    and i hate that stupid japanese officer
    Uh ohhh... then I'll wait for it to show up at my local DVD rental.

I have nothing against movies with the backdrop of the Japanese occupation. Just that chinese movies in particular portray them as cheesy baddies from a 1960s James Bond flick, lots of them, and no depth.

Just tell me the main baddie isn't some unnecessarily fierce Japanese Karate guy (played by a Chinese dude). If so, I'll have to forgo Ip Man for Yes Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post

Heard before Donnie Yan was the choreographer for one 'junior james bond' movie (not sure the name) . anyone heard this before?

The fighting scenes are power! Especially the 1 vs 10 fight, simply classic. Donnie Yen is the perfect cast for this character

Think WKW & Tony Leung shd give up their version of Ip Man liao, unless they're making it into a love movie.

Justa watching the show for the fights is well worth it. Almost all kung fu movies generally have crappy story lines, this one is no different.

just watched it, great movie... make me feel like training up again...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post

30 years ago, Master 葉問 was already a legend in my life - a person who I wish and dream to meet. And finally, his life and himself is made known to everybody via a movie and plays by my favourite actor - Donnie.

How to miss?

Go catch the movie guys. It is real good. One of the better kung fu movies around and Donnie is good as he always did.
    Support my Theme Shoots!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    30 years ago, Master 葉問 was already a legend in my life - a person who I wish and dream to meet. And finally, his life and himself is made known to everybody via a movie and plays by my favourite actor - Donnie.

How to miss?
    I only heard of him when this movie comes out

That's why I'm so excited and touched, when I 1st saw the trailer on TV. Almost like tears burst out.

Show how cool wing chun can be.

going to JB to catch the original cantonese version
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

there is sequel... about Bruce Lee
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    there is sequel... about Bruce Lee
    Haiz...Although Bruce Lee died early, in terms of Martial Art, he is still another legend who stays in my heart for more than 30 years, beside GrandMaster Ip Man.

Ok, the last one will be Jet Lee.
    Last edited by cheeseme; 24th December 2008 at 11:59 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast