Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stuck between D90 and A350

Default Re: stuck between D90 and A350

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    which one is better for iso noise? D90 vs A700
    I'd say the D90, being an updated design of the A700 sensor.
    Alpha

hey scorpio,
    get the d90. u won't regret it.
    d90 vs a350 - get d90 (if cost aint an issue)
    d90 vs a700 or a900 - get the sony (if u kaya)
    d90 vs 40d canon - get the 40d canon (cheaper some more and faster 6.5fps 40d, vs 4.5fps d90

Quote Originally Posted by gunawan View Post
    d90 vs 40d canon - get the 40d canon (cheaper some more and faster 6.5fps 40d, vs 4.5fps d90
    I'd actually say get the D90... Far better image quality than the 40D. FPS is not important.
    Alpha

I think either are good, once you get one just enjoy it.

just remember "Pics talk...cam doesn't" ..

btw, Sony kit lens is also quite good...served me well with my A100
    ...now moved to A700 and it roxx ...wanna get one?

Not too sure about low noise at high iso performance about d90 compared to a700, the v4 firmware really made all the difference. And imo , the a700 design is simply superb , the way the buttons are laid out.

Quote Originally Posted by simranjits View Post
    Not too sure about low noise at high iso performance about d90 compared to a700, the v4 firmware really made all the difference. And imo , the a700 design is simply superb , the way the buttons are laid out.
    One thing I don't see in A700 is LV ( even a simple implementation like those in canon & nikon)...

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    One thing I don't see in A700 is LV ( even a simple implementation like those in canon & nikon)...
    Well although its is a good to have, give me a good viewfinder and i will do without it. Even when i was using the a350 which has one of the better live view implementations , i found myself using viewfinder more. Outdoors its hard to see , especially in sunny environs, its good indoors though.

It depends though on your needs , if liveview is really your thing. But intelligience preview like in a900 would be useful!.

Well although its is a good to have, give me a good viewfinder and i will do without it. Even when i was using the a350 which has one of the better live view implementations , i found myself using viewfinder more. Outdoors its hard to see , especially in sunny environs, its good indoors though.

It depends though on your needs , if liveview is really your thing. But intelligience preview like in a900 would be useful!.
    I find that the "intelligence preview" feature is more useful for studio shots where you have control of your subject. LV is useful as it tell you the output before you press the trigger...

wow thanks for all the reviews and comments !

is A700 a full frame cam ?

i like the a350 but my other half owns a s5 pro so i have access to F mount lenes.. tts y i am torn apart.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpio81 View Post
    No....

i like the a350 but my other half owns a s5 pro so i have access to F mount lenes.. tts y i am torn apart.
    If that's the case then go with the D90, no need to think much since being able to share the lenses is a very very big advantage.

get the a700 instead , and maybe your other half switch systems when seeing what a amazing cam it is? a350 may not be enough wow.

get the a700 instead , and maybe your other half switch systems when seeing what a amazing cam it is? a350 may not be enough wow.
    If I am not wrong, A350 is newer than A700... Of coz lah.. newer does not means that it is better...

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    If I am not wrong, A350 is newer than A700... Of coz lah.. newer does not means that it is better...
    Yes, it's newer, but the A350 is entry-level while the A700 is midrange.
    Alpha

how much is the D90 anyways?
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

Against D90
    40D's Raw dynamic range should be better than D90 because it is 14 bit
    40D, A700 body got some level of weather sealing
    40D has the highly affordable 17-40L F4.. You get a decent kit lens replacement for DX and a wide angle for FX if I am not wrong.
    Nikon's autofoucs speed a bit slower than canon in general

For D90
    D90 JPEG noise less than A700, A350
    I dun like A350 and 40D's shutter release sound.
    Nikon produce quite decent kit lens
    Nikon's flash technology is SUPERB!
    Nikon's capture NX 2 (need to pay) is really cool

Some myths about Nikon
    NI-GONG is good but heavy... ehhh thats history.. look at D40, D60... the 17-55mm KIT LENS!

Conclusion
    Get the D90 because I am enjoying every minute of it! ++ I suspect yr other half may change his S5Pro soon.. dun be like that lah, keep him in NI-GONG.....

Quote Originally Posted by Saycheese78 View Post
    Against D90
    40D has the highly affordable 17-40L F4.. You get a decent kit lens replacement for DX and a wide angle for FX if I am not wrong.

For D90

Some myths about Nikon
    NI-GONG is good but heavy... ehhh thats history.. look at D40, D60... the 17-55mm KIT LENS!

Conclusion
    Get the D90 because I am enjoying every minute of it! ++ I suspect yr other half may change his S5Pro soon.. dun be like that lah, keep him in NI-GONG.....

Wow... you really did your research before purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Saycheese78 View Post
    Against D90

For D90

Some myths about Nikon

Conclusion
    Seems like a very biased review, you need to justify your statements , are you comparing v4 a700 firmware or what? You do know now v4 a700 firmware has fixed the jpeg high noise issue in a700.

And 14bit doesn't mean more dynamic range , its just a confirm waste of space and the raws are 14bit when the real dynamic range barely approaches 12bit!.

But i agree about a350 shutter sound not so nice, i have used both a350 and a700.

d90 however is a very good camera for the price ,actually you can't go wrong with any of these choices , it what feels good in your hands , which UI you like etc.

d300,a700,40d are all great cameras ! just built for different users.

And for different budget too...

Seems like a very biased review, you need to justify your statements , are you comparing v4 a700 firmware or what? You do know now v4 a700 firmware has fixed the jpeg high noise issue in a700.

And 14bit doesn't mean more dynamic range , its just a confirm waste of space and the raws are 14bit when the real dynamic range barely approaches 12bit!.

But i agree about a350 shutter sound not so nice, i have used both a350 and a700.

d90 however is a very good camera for the price ,actually you can't go wrong with any of these choices , it what feels good in your hands , which UI you like etc.

Yeah.. it was a bias review.. shutter release sound is subjective.. but guess what, I simply love the A700 shutter release!

I did not know that the high noise of A700 was fixed though..

14bit vs 12 bit... I am sure the final 2 bit is not just for show. However, in most application, it may not make a difference. It will make a difference when you peep at the shadow areas and increase the exposure there.

Ok for a more unbiased review
    1) Nikon / Canon / Sony, all take great pictures... Just buy.. choosing between them do not improve yr skills. Nikon
    2) Nikon/Canon --> Cannot go wrong.. It is just a matter whether you can find a better + cheaper system to these 2.
    3) Sony A700 --> Very affordable in 2nd hand.. (Also mean less resale value)
    4) Sony + Carl Zeiss.. Sounds real good..
    5) I always wonder why the Minolta chaps never jump boat. I knew 1 of them. There must be a reason.

By the way, do you shoot Raw or JPEG? This is critical as the 3 produce quite different JPEG images!
    Last edited by Saycheese78; 21st December 2008 at 10:55 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12