Thread: Dialing Tone

Default Dialing Tone

Was wondering if your friend is overseas and you try dialing your friend's mobile number. Is there a possibility of hearing a local dialing tone or overseas dialing tone ring?
    I tried calling my friend when he was there for work basis, the dial tone was overseas. Tried calling my another guy on business trip at Macau, it turns out to be a local dialing tone.

Is there possibility of someone being overseas with a local dialing tone.

Default Re: Dialing Tone

My own observation, Singapore, Macau and Hong Kong uses the same familiar dialing tone.

Outside the Dry Box.

use those telco music ringtone and nobody knows where you are...

i'm contemplating to put some other countries' ringtone to deter telemarketers
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by linannabelle View Post
    Is there possibility of someone being overseas with a local dialing tone.
    Yes. Especially, when using services like this:

Since the mobile has been diverted to a local number.

but...if u were to call a local number and if he/she is overseas...u can already hear a different dialling tone mah...can't be so "chao he-lang" (deaf) right?

I always hang my phone up when I hear the overseas dialling tone of my intended party...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

I got a friend who always never give up calling me eventhough he hears the foreign ringtone. When I tried rejecting the call, he will call again.

Then, when I answer the call, he will go, " eh .. you are overseas now ah?"

Hmmm.... That's really bad. At times I wished that I head over to places like Japan or even Korea that needs CDMA services so that I can be uncontactable at times.