Thread: Shanghai photo op

Default Shanghai photo op

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what are good places for photography in Shanghai, maybe within 1-2 hours ride from the city center as well?
    Thanks in advance

wai tan is famous for night photo
    in the day u can try don fan min ju(that tall tv tower with three 'pearl') or jing mao(that cool looking tallest office cum hotel building)
    these are for lanscape
    Last edited by Helbreath; 13th September 2003 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    FYI, the external building lights at wai tan were not switched on at night the previous few weeks due to the the unusually hot weather.. saving electricity

Keen to try the tv tower but I'm on th eother side of the river so always too lazy to cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by Helbreath
    wei tan is good for night photo
    in the day u can try don fan min ju(that tall tv tower with three 'pearl') or jing mao(that cool looking tallest office cum hotel building)
    these are for lanscape

ClubSNAP Admin

Quote Originally Posted by wantunn
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what are good places for photography in Shanghai, maybe within 1-2 hours ride from the city center as well?
    Thanks in advance

When and where will you be in shanghai ?

There's lots of Photo op in Shanghai, all depends on what you are intersted in taking.

Thera are also place like Shanghai Stadium, Shanghai Library, Jin Mao Tower, Shanghai Grand Theatre etc.

Apart form the usual don fan min ju or wai tan, there's lots of street photography op in the old districts, example hong qiao, huang pu, yang pu etc.

You can also try shi ji gong yuan "Century Park" Nangjing road etc.

If got more time, you can even try out those cultural town, like WuZheng, Zhou Zhuan, Zhu Jia Jiao etc.

Well, I'm in Shanghai now and I come here pretty often for work (maybe 75% of my time) which is why I'm looking for something to shoot in my free time.
    I'm staying at huai hai zhong lu, just in front of the Ren Min Guang Chang.

Quite keen to try out Zhou Zhuang etc. Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    When and where will you be in shanghai ?

There's lots of Photo op in Shanghai, all depends on what you are intersted in taking.

Thera are also place like Shanghai Stadium, Shanghai Library, Jin Mao Tower, Shanghai Grand Theatre etc.

Apart form the usual don fan min ju or wai tan, there's lots of street photography op in the old districts, example hong qiao, huang pu, yang pu etc.

You can also try shi ji gong yuan "Century Park" Nangjing road etc.

If got more time, you can even try out those cultural town, like WuZheng, Zhou Zhuan, Zhu Jia Jiao etc.