Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 66

Thread: Your LX3 setups

  1. #21

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    LX3 plus...

    Lowepro Rezo 60 - Fit cam with adapter.
    Panasonic Adapter 46mm - daily use, 52 mm for Raynox
    Raynox CM-2000A
    Valbon Ultra Maxi-M tripod
    Olympus FL36R + Sto-Fen Omni Bounce
    Filter (all 46mm), UV + Circular Polariser + R72

  2. #22

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Mine ...

    Pandabase 52mm adaptor tube + Nikon L1Bc filter + Nikon lens cap
    Richard Franiec's custom mechanical shutter release adapter + Nikon shutter release
    Raynox CM2000 close-up lens kit
    GGS glass LCD protector (soon to arrive)
    Gorillapod SLR
    Gitzo tripods + Manfrotto ballhead

    That's it, I think .....

  3. #23

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Here's a pic of my setup



    - Pandabase 52mm Adapter tube, Lens Hood & Filter
    - Luigi's half case black leather with red thread
    Last edited by Phu77; 27th December 2008 at 10:10 AM.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by Phu77 View Post
    Here's a pic of my setup



    - Pandabase 52mm Adapter tube, Lens Hood & Filter
    - Luigi's half case black leather with red thread

    wah nice

    how does it hold the camera in place?
    a screw or what
    can u still mount a tripod?

  5. #25

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by nicekit View Post
    wah nice

    how does it hold the camera in place?
    a screw or what
    can u still mount a tripod?

    The holes on the sides of the case where the neck strap loops around the case provide a nice spot for the camera metal strap loops to sit. It added security to the case being held in place.

    I didn't asked for the the tripod screw case version. So if I want to use a tripod I need to take it out from the case.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    @Phu77: love the red trimming. very nice.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik00 View Post
    @Phu77: love the red trimming. very nice.
    Look like a Lecia...

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    JE, Singapore
    Posts
    350

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Hi fellows, got a couple of enquires:

    1. Anybody got any neckstrap to recommend? The default one cuts into the flash, hurts a little.
    2. What's an adapter tube and step-up ring for? Do I need both or either one will do?
    3. So if I really wanna extend the optical zoom range of my LX3, what shld I buy and what kinda investment(price range) am I looking at? Cos I'm having lotsa difficulties snapping zoo animals.
    4. Besides protecting the lens, what's a lens hood for? And after shooting if I wanna keep the LX3 in a compact case, the lens hood is required to be detached?
    5. Anybody know if the originl LX3 battery is in stock at which shop for how much?

    Thanx in advance.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Mine ...

    Pandabase 52mm adaptor tube + Nikon L1Bc filter + Nikon lens cap
    Richard Franiec's custom mechanical shutter release adapter + Nikon shutter release
    Raynox CM2000 close-up lens kit
    GGS glass LCD protector (soon to arrive)
    Gorillapod SLR
    Gitzo tripods + Manfrotto ballhead

    That's it, I think .....

  10. #30
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Curious... with so many "attachments" would it be "easier" to use a dslr instead?

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a sunny island
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Hihi, just curious.. What's the 'feeler' like thing dangling infront of the lens? ^^;


    Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post

  12. #32

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Curious... with so many "attachments" would it be "easier" to use a dslr instead?
    Nope. I do have a DSLR, but I find the possibilities very absorbing for this little camera that I'm willing to put up with it's many "attachments".

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikka-chan View Post
    Hihi, just curious.. What's the 'feeler' like thing dangling infront of the lens? ^^;
    It's a shutter release cable.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Nope. I do have a DSLR, but I find the possibilities very absorbing for this little camera that I'm willing to put up with it's many "attachments".
    Look like the signs of the BBB virus again...

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a sunny island
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonnut View Post
    Nope. I do have a DSLR, but I find the possibilities very absorbing for this little camera that I'm willing to put up with it's many "attachments".

    It's a shutter release cable.
    Ah ic... where did you buy the cable from?

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    JE, Singapore
    Posts
    350

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Hi fellows, noob qn here: I got the lens barrel only 1 size? How come some can use 52mm tube some can use 46mm tube? What's a step-up ring for? & what polarizer models r u fellows using?

  16. #36

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    Hi fellows, noob qn here: I got the lens barrel only 1 size? How come some can use 52mm tube some can use 46mm tube? What's a step-up ring for? & what polarizer models r u fellows using?
    what size is the default panny lens tube, i think its 46mm?

    if so, u can buy a step up ring ie. little ring that screws on to your 46mm thread, but allows u to attacch 52mm filter.

    usually they also sell step down ring, ie ring attach to 52mm lens and allow u to attach 46mm filter. however, because the filter is now smaller than the lens, might kana vignetting. only way is to test it out.

    if u got the 52mm adapter, just buy 52mm filters lah... quite commonly available. UV and polarizing...
    Last edited by thomaschan; 9th January 2009 at 03:09 PM.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    JE, Singapore
    Posts
    350

    Question Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by thomaschan View Post
    what size is the default panny lens tube, i think its 46mm?...
    Tink so, cos the official adapter tube from Pana is 46mm.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomaschan View Post
    ...if so, u can buy a step up ring ie. little ring that screws on to your 46mm thread, but allows u to attacch 52mm filter....
    So a step-up ring literally "steps up" the size of the lens barrel lah? Actually, after browsing some threads, I can't find 46mm filters mentioned anywhere, and even 52mm ones to be extremely rare. Why is that so? Is it bcos most filters cater to the huge lens barrel of DSLRs?

    Quote Originally Posted by thomaschan View Post
    ...usually they also sell step down ring, ie ring attach to 52mm lens and allow u to attach 46mm filter. however, because the filter is now smaller than the lens, might kana vignetting. only way is to test it out...
    I tink that will look funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomaschan View Post
    ...if u got the 52mm adapter, just buy 52mm filters lah... quite commonly available. UV and polarizing...
    I have a 52mm adapter tube left over from my Konica Minolta Z3, so I just need to purchase a step-up ring to allow the 46mm barrel "diametered"- LX3 to use this tube? With no "negative" effects? Then buy the 52mm filters?

    1 more qn: does the length of the adapter tube matter?

  18. #38

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart12 View Post
    Tink so, cos the official adapter tube from Pana is 46mm.



    So a step-up ring literally "steps up" the size of the lens barrel lah? Actually, after browsing some threads, I can't find 46mm filters mentioned anywhere, and even 52mm ones to be extremely rare. Why is that so? Is it bcos most filters cater to the huge lens barrel of DSLRs?

    RESPONSE:
    Correct. mostly ppl buy filter for lens for slr (62-82mm usually). But that being said, any major camera store will confirm have lots of smaller filters too. (cathay, mscolor to name a few). Thats coz not many ppl buy them so they have lots of old stock. last i saw Camera workshop/mscolor had tons.




    I have a 52mm adapter tube left over from my Konica Minolta Z3, so I just need to purchase a step-up ring to allow the 46mm barrel "diametered"- LX3 to use this tube? With no "negative" effects? Then buy the 52mm filters?

    1 more qn: does the length of the adapter tube matter?
    RESPONSE:
    Hmm i am not sure abt that... it will work IF the thread for the lens barrell is the exact same fit as the thread for normal filters. THis is because 46-52mm step up filter is meant to screw on to filter threads. Not only the number of threads, but the sex of the thread (male? female?) best to bring camera to shop to try out.

    Secondly, not sure if ur step up ring has same ring size on both sides. it might be 52mm size for the filter end, but not for the part that connect to your lx3. i remember my old camera addtional lens barrel had different sizes on both ends.

    Thirdly, if u get it to work, the step up ring will extend the barrel out a bit. this may result in a barrell that is too long, and will result in vignet. Better go check it out.

    Best option just go buy the pandabase barrel or the panasonic barrel. not that exp i think? GOt one guy wanna sell in B&S for 50 bucks including the filters.

    hope this helps

  19. #39

    Default Re: Your LX3 setups

    hey guys is $200 for the original viewfinder a good deal? what are the benefits of using one and disadvantages?

  20. #40
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Your LX3 setups



    1. 52mm DSLR adapter tube
    2. Ricoh GS-1 neck strap
    3. Jobo PhotoGPS on hotshoe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •