Thread: Braun shaver problem ...

Default Braun shaver problem ...

Hi people,

Today I just found out that my charger (which looks like a docking station) is dead thus I can't charge my lifeless shaver up.

I learnt that their service centre is in Tagore Drive which is very far away from my place. Anybody has any idea how much it'll be to change the charger or should I just get a new one? It's out of warranty. Really hate to trash a relatively well-maintained and working shaver leh ...

Your input? TIA!

Default Re: Braun shaver problem ...

You should get a Gillette, the best a man can get.

think it not worthwhile to drive all the way there...would rather say ask your gf/wife to buy u a nice X'mas present...hint to her u need a new shaver...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Most likely it's the transformer that is spoilt.
    You may wanna open it up to chk the output end of the transformer if it gives any reading. Go SL buy replacement if it's really the cause.

Alternatively, use this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    think it not worthwhile to drive all the way there...would rather say ask your gf/wife to buy u a nice X'mas present...hint to her u need a new shaver...
    Great idea! Except that I need to get a gf/wife first.

Then again, I think it's less troublesome to just get a new one shaver ...

Thanks guys; I just gave Beste a call and a friendly technicain shared with me it'll cost me between $30++ to $100. I'll give it a shot and report tomorrow.

As mentioned, I really hate to replace a 3 year-old, functional shaver just because the cable/docking station is not working ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Hi people,

Today I just found out that my charger (which looks like a docking station) is dead thus I can't charge my lifeless shaver up.

I learnt that their service centre is in Tagore Drive which is very far away from my place. Anybody has any idea how much it'll be to change the charger or should I just get a new one? It's out of warranty. Really hate to trash a relatively well-maintained and working shaver leh ...

Your input? TIA!
    Just buy a $25++ braun shaver from stores like courts or best. Powered by 2 AA batteries. No problem no irritation. Clean shave.

Grow a beard
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    As mentioned, I really hate to replace a 3 year-old, functional shaver just because the cable/docking station is not working ...
    I believe you own one of those 'higher end' Braun shavers which can perform self-cleaning. If so, you can use the supplied cable adapter and plug it directly into the AC outlet.

A bit "ley chay" to operate, but you don't waste a perfectly good shaver at least.
    Last edited by photobum; 18th December 2008 at 08:21 AM.

Hi again.

Firstly jus to answer a few queries. I also own a Braun travel shaver and mine is the one that comes with self-cleaning.

Anyway, I went to Beste, the local distributor which is @ Upper Thomas. The friendly technician promptly told me that only my Smart Plug is faulty. I paid $31.05, got a new one on the spot and now I'm happily shaving away!

I'm just glad that I don't have to get a new shaver!

Thanks guys for your time!