Thread: Husky up for adoption

Default Husky up for adoption

I came across someone ( irresponsible fellow) who own a one year old Husky and wanted to give up to be send to SPCA. If send to SPCA, it will mean a death sentence for the Husky. Thus, just would like to see if there is anyone who can and willing to take in this Husky and keep him for good.

Note: Husky not approved to live in HDB flat. Interested party pls pm me. Thanks

Default Re: Husky up for adoption

Quote Originally Posted by stor View Post
    I came across someone ( irresponsible fellow) who own a one year old Husky and wanted to give up to be send to SPCA. If send to SPCA, it will mean a death sentence for the Husky. Thus, just would like to see if there is anyone who can and willing to take in this Husky and keep him for good.

Note: Husky not approved to live in HDB flat. Interested party pls pm me. Thanks
    who is husky? what species / breed? big dog huh?

got pictures?

Please let the person know to call "Action for Dogs"
    http://www.asdsingapore.com/index.php

Good place to advertise for adoption too will be Pets.com.sg
    However, please ensure that the husky goes to a good home with good owners. That means screening each potential owners.

Another website for information:
    http://www.petschannel.com/welfare/

P.s...how did you come across this irresponsible fellow? are you taking care of the husky in the interrim? what's the story?
    Last edited by Eadon; 16th December 2008 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    who is husky? what species / breed? big dog huh?

got pictures?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Husky

Quite a big dog.

If only I'm not living in HDB, I would adopt it.
    Hope the husky will find a good owner.

Just got a mail from a friend sharing this news and asking anyone would like to adopt the Husky before it goes SPCA. Will share your info with this friend. The owner is someone we do not know at all. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eadon View Post

However, please ensure that the husky goes to a good home with good owners. That means screening each potential owners.

P.s...how did you come across this irresponsible fellow? are you taking care of the husky in the interrim? what's the story?

Was told that the better breed dogs may live longer in SPCA. Anyway, the words got around fast. It probably be adopted soon.

Husky is not an ordinary household (pariar) dog. It needs TLC, proper grooming and a good diet. Singapore weather is a little too harsh on it and an aircon or extremely airy environment is best.

I WANT!!! but i can't afford a dog now so not right of me to adopt one T_T
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

I wanted to also but cannot afford it now. Anyway, we got someone interested to adopt Husky who is now working out on this adoption. Thanks to all for the positive respond.

Can I bring it back to Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by Eadon View Post

Yeah those are good options but I just wonder why will SPCA wants to put the animals to sleep. They are lives however.
    Support my Theme Shoots!

Quote Originally Posted by Xperio View Post
    Yeah those are good options but I just wonder why will SPCA wants to put the animals to sleep. They are lives however.
    SPCA has a policy of not rejecting animals delivered to them. While I'm not sure I agree to it, the rationale is that an animal being killed "humanely" is better than an abandoned animal suffering. As the influx of abandonded/given up animals is several times greater than the rate of adoptions, and they have a finite amount of space and resources to house/sustain the animals, this is the logical conclusion. The alternative would be SPCA to reject animals being brought in.

To what I know is, they will put the dogs up for adoption for sometime, provided the dog is of good health. If no ones want to adopt it, then they will put them to sleep. Poor doggies.

So do not buy them impulsively. Cos it's a commitment u will need to make.

Quote Originally Posted by stor View Post

Hi, are u sure fully-grown Husky is not allowed in HDB? My place here got one! somemore running around unleashed.

Lol. It is a fact Husky is NOT allowed in HDB. Just that if your husky is obedient and dun bark often, normally neighbours will close one eye one. unless ur neighbour hates dogs to the core.

Hi, are u sure fully-grown Husky is not allowed in HDB? My place here got one! somemore running around unleashed.

Quote Originally Posted by hazelng View Post
    Lol. It is a fact Husky is NOT allowed in HDB. Just that if your husky is obedient and dun bark often, normally neighbours will close one eye one. unless ur neighbour hates dogs to the core.
    it's true, that dog don't bark, but running ard unmasked, unleashed; i do fear for the worse. especially when small kids are ard.

Hi Dreaming, r u living in Marymount btw?

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    Hi Dreaming, r u living in Marymount btw?
    nope..