Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Husky up for adoption

  1. #1

    Default Husky up for adoption

    I came across someone ( irresponsible fellow) who own a one year old Husky and wanted to give up to be send to SPCA. If send to SPCA, it will mean a death sentence for the Husky. Thus, just would like to see if there is anyone who can and willing to take in this Husky and keep him for good.

    Note: Husky not approved to live in HDB flat. Interested party pls pm me. Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by stor View Post
    I came across someone ( irresponsible fellow) who own a one year old Husky and wanted to give up to be send to SPCA. If send to SPCA, it will mean a death sentence for the Husky. Thus, just would like to see if there is anyone who can and willing to take in this Husky and keep him for good.

    Note: Husky not approved to live in HDB flat. Interested party pls pm me. Thanks
    who is husky? what species / breed? big dog huh?

    got pictures?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Please let the person know to call "Action for Dogs"
    http://www.asdsingapore.com/index.php

    Good place to advertise for adoption too will be Pets.com.sg
    However, please ensure that the husky goes to a good home with good owners. That means screening each potential owners.

    Another website for information:
    http://www.petschannel.com/welfare/

    P.s...how did you come across this irresponsible fellow? are you taking care of the husky in the interrim? what's the story?
    Last edited by Eadon; 16th December 2008 at 12:17 AM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    who is husky? what species / breed? big dog huh?

    got pictures?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Husky

    Quite a big dog.

    If only I'm not living in HDB, I would adopt it.
    Hope the husky will find a good owner.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Just got a mail from a friend sharing this news and asking anyone would like to adopt the Husky before it goes SPCA. Will share your info with this friend. The owner is someone we do not know at all. Thanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eadon View Post
    Please let the person know to call "Action for Dogs"
    http://www.asdsingapore.com/index.php

    Good place to advertise for adoption too will be Pets.com.sg
    However, please ensure that the husky goes to a good home with good owners. That means screening each potential owners.

    Another website for information:
    http://www.petschannel.com/welfare/

    P.s...how did you come across this irresponsible fellow? are you taking care of the husky in the interrim? what's the story?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Was told that the better breed dogs may live longer in SPCA. Anyway, the words got around fast. It probably be adopted soon.

    Husky is not an ordinary household (pariar) dog. It needs TLC, proper grooming and a good diet. Singapore weather is a little too harsh on it and an aircon or extremely airy environment is best.

  7. #7
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    I WANT!!! but i can't afford a dog now so not right of me to adopt one T_T
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    I wanted to also but cannot afford it now. Anyway, we got someone interested to adopt Husky who is now working out on this adoption. Thanks to all for the positive respond.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dover
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Can I bring it back to Vietnam?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Eadon View Post
    Please let the person know to call "Action for Dogs"
    http://www.asdsingapore.com/index.php

    Good place to advertise for adoption too will be Pets.com.sg
    However, please ensure that the husky goes to a good home with good owners. That means screening each potential owners.

    Another website for information:
    http://www.petschannel.com/welfare/

    P.s...how did you come across this irresponsible fellow? are you taking care of the husky in the interrim? what's the story?
    Yeah those are good options but I just wonder why will SPCA wants to put the animals to sleep. They are lives however.
    Support my Theme Shoots!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by Xperio View Post
    Yeah those are good options but I just wonder why will SPCA wants to put the animals to sleep. They are lives however.
    SPCA has a policy of not rejecting animals delivered to them. While I'm not sure I agree to it, the rationale is that an animal being killed "humanely" is better than an abandoned animal suffering. As the influx of abandonded/given up animals is several times greater than the rate of adoptions, and they have a finite amount of space and resources to house/sustain the animals, this is the logical conclusion. The alternative would be SPCA to reject animals being brought in.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    To what I know is, they will put the dogs up for adoption for sometime, provided the dog is of good health. If no ones want to adopt it, then they will put them to sleep. Poor doggies.

    So do not buy them impulsively. Cos it's a commitment u will need to make.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by stor View Post
    I came across someone ( irresponsible fellow) who own a one year old Husky and wanted to give up to be send to SPCA. If send to SPCA, it will mean a death sentence for the Husky. Thus, just would like to see if there is anyone who can and willing to take in this Husky and keep him for good.

    Note: Husky not approved to live in HDB flat. Interested party pls pm me. Thanks
    Hi, are u sure fully-grown Husky is not allowed in HDB? My place here got one! somemore running around unleashed.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Lol. It is a fact Husky is NOT allowed in HDB. Just that if your husky is obedient and dun bark often, normally neighbours will close one eye one. unless ur neighbour hates dogs to the core.

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Hi, are u sure fully-grown Husky is not allowed in HDB? My place here got one! somemore running around unleashed.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by hazelng View Post
    Lol. It is a fact Husky is NOT allowed in HDB. Just that if your husky is obedient and dun bark often, normally neighbours will close one eye one. unless ur neighbour hates dogs to the core.
    it's true, that dog don't bark, but running ard unmasked, unleashed; i do fear for the worse. especially when small kids are ard.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Hi, are u sure fully-grown Husky is not allowed in HDB? My place here got one! somemore running around unleashed.
    Hi Dreaming, r u living in Marymount btw?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Husky up for adoption

    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    Hi Dreaming, r u living in Marymount btw?
    nope..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •