Thread: DVD or VCD

Default DVD or VCD

At what stages do you guy DVD for your movies or VCDS. For me, I am a anime collector but not sure sometimes i will buy VCDs over DVD is they are not so worth it. I dun know

Default Re: DVD or VCD

when you have bigger screen, you will appreciate DVD for the details and clarity, when you have huge screen, you will ask for HD or Blue ray disk. Although you may not notice much differences with old Japanese TV anime.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    when you have bigger screen, you will appreciate DVD for the details and clarity, when you have huge screen, you will ask for HD or Blue ray disk. Although you may not notice much differences with old Japanese TV anime.
    I got my feng yun movie but the VCD is a little waste ful i guess
    Support my Theme Shoots!

Who the hell buy VCDs these days? 1080p all the way.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

bluuuuu ray!

bluray, but overseas or 2nd hand..local retails are just too expensive to consider.

I would not touch VCD these days, the picture and sound quality is far behind.

The choice between SD DVDs and Hi Def will be your viewing distance and also cost. Right now the price of software is rather expensive, but I assure you, even on my small 50" plasma, Blu Ray and HD DVDs are superb.

Cheers
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Still got VCD ???

Quote Originally Posted by Xperio View Post
    At what stages do you guy DVD for your movies or VCDS. For me, I am a anime collector but not sure sometimes i will buy VCDs over DVD is they are not so worth it. I dun know
    I used to be a VCD guy, at least for juz 1 anime. Den I spotted DVDs.... and of cos the rest is history.

In case u're wondering how crazy I went~

Frankly speaking, get the DVD, at least the Taiwanese releases. Forget about VCD, forget about Odex. Those are seriously subpar stuff compared to the real McCoy Japanese and Original Taiwanese releases.

Those are juz like 60% BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSAMO View Post
    Who the hell buy VCDs these days?
    i was going to say that.

then again, maybe the op is a student hence cant afford DVD.

VCD is like cassette tape. say bye bye to it.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MRSAMO View Post
    Who the hell buy VCDs these days? 1080p all the way.
    lol few years back, I asked this question here at CS and the fathers here said that children shows are still in VCD format and most have a seperate cheap VCD/DVD player for the kids to use cos they dun want them to mess up the better ones they have.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    lol few years back, I asked this question here at CS and the fathers here said that children shows are still in VCD format and most have a seperate cheap VCD/DVD player for the kids to use cos they dun want them to mess up the better ones they have.
    Hmm... Children shows are still in VCD format unfortunately since they are relatively cheap to produce compared to... say.... Blu-Ray.

Still, I think giving children to watch History Channel or Nat Geo is way much better than seeing a silly purple dinosaur prancing on the screen.

The last time I actually bought a VCD was for the Singaporean movie Forever Fever. I never laughed so much in the cinema, ok most were cheap humour but it was great to watch.

Then I had to get it but they didn't release it on VCD until many months later (like 6 or 8 months). I think Singapore wasn't ready for DVD at the time.

I still think its Singapore's best unlike the "I am stupid" stuff.
    Enlighten me...
    [Uluru]

Someone here is a School Rumble fan... lol. I see some Horie Yui.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    Someone here is a School Rumble fan... lol. I see some Horie Yui.
    I noticed her since Love Hina dayz liaoz~

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Hmm... Children shows are still in VCD format unfortunately since they are relatively cheap to produce compared to... say.... Blu-Ray.

Still, I think giving children to watch History Channel or Nat Geo is way much better than seeing a silly purple dinosaur prancing on the screen.
    dude, you got children or not......you know why children like those stupid green, purple, red monsters or not...

i mean you were a kid before, dont tell me you like to watch documentary when you were like 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 years old?
    Last edited by ninelives; 17th December 2008 at 12:42 AM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    dude, you got children or not......you know why children like those stupid green, purple, red monsters or not...

i mean you are a kid before, dont tell me you like to watch documentary when you were like 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 years old?
    Yeah, I was a kid before. But did not have much sources of entertainment back then so it was basically juz flipping books most of the time, listening children's songs and doing those brick blocks thing.

Think I got hooked on books over whatever that was on TV back then.