Thread: How Do U Define A Healthy Meal?

Default How Do U Define A Healthy Meal?

Breakfast, lunch , dinner?

Was jus wondering, cos im on diet rite now, tryin to slim down as much as possible. And also, i had water, yogurt and cherry tomato for lunch

Default Re: How Do U Define A Healthy Meal?

for such info best get a qualified dietician. take advise here with a healthy pitch of salt. everyone's dietary requirement differs.

There's no such thing as a healthy meal outside. I think a lot of us do eat outside most of the time in the weekends, but I am quite afraid of the way they wash the vegetables. After the vegetables have gone through the wok, you still see some bits of soil near the root ends.

Salad will be the best option i guess

salad but w minimal or light dressing! no point slathering it w mayo or thousand island sauce.

healthy meal are the one dispensed in hospitals. no char kway tiaw, no oily prata, no sup kambing, never green curry chicken, etc etc...

One that has lots of chillis...lots of black sauce and lots of pork oil cubes....

looks healthy to me....

but my dietitian said...I need to slim down....her recommendations were...lots of fibre...less carbos...less red meat...lots of fruits/veges (following the 2 cup rule)
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Xperio View Post
    Breakfast, lunch , dinner?

Was jus wondering, cos im on diet rite now, tryin to slim down as much as possible. And also, i had water, yogurt and cherry tomato for lunch
    You'll never slim like that! Too drastic a calorie drop and your body will go into starvation mode eg burn less calories. So taking less calories and burning less - you'll stay static.

Give me an hour and i'll put a really good calories link up

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
    You'll never slim like that! Too drastic a calorie drop and your body will go into starvation mode eg burn less calories. So taking less calories and burning less - you'll stay static.

I say thank you first....i need a good one too....
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post

Thanks for the effort mate.

From my own experience ( not cos i wanna lose weight , but cos i was too poor to eat sometimes in the past )

1. Eating less has 2 effects:

You eat 1 meal in 2 days type, you will lose muscle mass, followed by fats.
    You eat 1 small meal a day only, you will lose muscle mass more then fats.

2. Having a pure fruits diet:
    You lose lesser muscle mass ( cos of all the sugar in fruits ), but lose weight super slow.

After I got financially better, i discovered the 1 true, effective way to slim down, and look naturally slim, as compared to those that goes slimming centres, etc
    Run or engage in high metabolic rate activities daily, and eating a balanced diet of white meats and more veges. losing weight is one thing, but what type of mass you lose is another thing. you can lose muscle mass (ie more weight) or you lose lesser weight, its still losing. depends on what you want to lose. muscles weigh much more then fats per cubic inch btw. an improper diet can result you in losing muscle mass, not to mention you will feel lethargic all day long, cos you just dun haf the energy to burn for your daily activities. fats is very hard to break down, thats why its so hard to lose, especially even harder when you dun eat.

My discoveries of fat losing is from trial and error, fitness experts and coaches can definitely advice better. but 1 thing's for sure, you cannot lose weight the healthy way by not exercising, and just eating less. thats taking the easy way out.
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr