Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: money changer help!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default money changer help!

    hello guys!

    i need some help!
    where do u guys usually change ur currency and which are the ones with more favourable exchange rates?

    TIA!

    cheers!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: money changer help!

    at the Arcade, beside Raffles Place MRT station and the old Change Alley

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: money changer help!

    from what i know, people's park

  4. #4

    Default Re: money changer help!

    GOLDEN MILE!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore, western area
    Posts
    5,337

    Default Re: money changer help!

    oh btw, there's one very favourable for me..that's if u change with me

  6. #6

    Default Re: money changer help!

    people's park corner...near the Lim Chee Guan BBQ shop....
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,322

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Mustafa has good rates sometimes.

  8. #8

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    hello guys!

    i need some help!
    where do u guys usually change ur currency and which are the ones with more favourable exchange rates?

    TIA!

    cheers!
    Try the arcade 2nd storey. Very competitive rate

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    781

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Parkway Parade Mall.

  10. #10

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Suntec City, the one in the corner opposite Giordano.

  11. #11

    Default Re: money changer help!

    For the specific case of thailand, I always find that the exchange rates of the banks in thailand themselves are always better than the money changers we have here.

  12. #12

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    For the specific case of thailand, I always find that the exchange rates of the banks in thailand themselves are always better than the money changers we have here.
    At no time Bank can give more favourable rate than money changers or else
    MONEY CHANGERS CLOSED SHOP

    This implied to all currencies and banks of all countries

  13. #13

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Quote Originally Posted by sunfish View Post
    at the Arcade, beside Raffles Place MRT station and the old Change Alley
    Best foe USD, RMB & MYR

    Quote Originally Posted by Xperio View Post
    GOLDEN MILE!!!
    Best only for THB

    Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    people's park corner...near the Lim Chee Guan BBQ shop....
    Best only for MYR

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJerry View Post
    Parkway Parade Mall.
    Nothing special

  14. #14

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Change Alley, good for the USD and AUD, maybe the euro and pound. thats all i change...

  15. #15

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    At no time Bank can give more favourable rate than money changers or else
    MONEY CHANGERS CLOSED SHOP

    This implied to all currencies and banks of all countries
    I am comparing thai banks (23.1 THB for $1) and singapore money changers (22.6 THB for $1).

    Thai money changers shops, I am not sure, cause its not easy to find in the more tourist orientated places.

  16. #16

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Mustafa - check rates online, then compare with arcade.

  17. #17

    Default Re: money changer help!

    What about the one at Suntec... always got long line.

  18. #18

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Quote Originally Posted by lincolnchan View Post
    What about the one at Suntec... always got long line.
    The rate also not bad. But I think the arcade one is the best.

  19. #19

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    The rate also not bad. But I think the arcade one is the best.
    I agree... that's where I go... But that bugger on the second floor (the first one) always make me wait... NB my lunchtime I have to wait so long. Oh yes, I was changing to Euros....

  20. #20

    Default Re: money changer help!

    Orchard lucky plaza, please ask a few to compare for better rates ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •