Thread: F1 Burnout

Default F1 Burnout

Shot this burnout of the F1 tyre marks from the Singapore pitlane. Surprisingly, all the tyre marks are still there. This shot was shot on a cloudy day (Saturday)

ISO-400, F13, 1/100 shutter, spot metering, manual mode. This picture has been enhanced to raise the brightness.

Comments required:

How to improve the sharpness of the shot while trying to raise the exposure level?
    Last edited by lioneldude; 14th December 2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: removed the original picture as it has been reduced by photobucket

Default Re: F1 Burnout

What do you mean by improving the sharpness? Is it blurry? I can't really tell given the size of the image.

If it's blur due to handshake, more practice would help. Exiftool reports you shot this at 18mm? 1/100 at 18mm should be fine handheld.

If you need more DOF, try hyper focusing your lens, don't AF at infinity. I personally shoot alot of panos, and use a 16mm focused to 1.5m, F8. This gives me loads of DOF from 1.5m++ to infinity.

If you need to raise the exposure, applying +ve exposure compensation?

HTHs!

Alvin

Oops photobucket automatically reduces the size. Will take note of the focusing point, and switching to manual focusing.

1- I see the white patch of the sky, the bridge and the distant trees first BEFORE the tyre marks. Those may not be necessary.
    2- Get lower down, if possible on the track itself JUST to show the tyre marks. Might be able to get a good bokeh, which would be nice.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

Quote Originally Posted by cheguthamrin View Post
    1- I see the white patch of the sky, the bridge and the distant trees first BEFORE the tyre marks. Those may not be necessary.
    2- Get lower down, if possible on the track itself JUST to show the tyre marks. Might be able to get a good bokeh, which would be nice.
    I see thanks for pointing out.

Agree, would look better lower down.
    Fair Trade not Free Trade